Junction 23 Truckstop,M 1

It was the first time i have used it, and it does what it says on the tin, provides secure parking, the food was very good, i had the chicken breast in sweet and sour sauce and a peach melba cheescake for pudding.
The town of Shepshed is a 20 minute walk, there are about 5 pubs if you want to have a walk after dinner, for a mid week time, the town pubs were quite busy.
The truckstop has a bar, good showers,truckers shop by the fuel pumps.I did not have the breakfast but it looked good to me, and the black filter coffee got the day off to a good start.
If you do go to the town, they have real ale made in Leicester, one was called the Original, quite a heavy drink, and the Tiger.Numerous take away places and a few Indian restaurants if you used SNAP to pay for parking and only got parking paid for by your employer.

Used it a few times and I find it a good place to stop, I’ve never had a bad meal in there, the showers are clean and the bars good. If I can’t be arsed to pay I go to the industrial estate just down the road.

Better now they have filled the craters in by the lorry park entrance.

Staff are friendly, she did say that the pub had shut down in town, and i was better off staying there, but i saw 5 pubs all open, and one that was boarded up, maybe wanted my trade.

You must have been there the same time as me this week as I had the chicken in sweet and sour source as well!!

And as for the craters in the lorry park, they started filling them in and concreting about 2 weeks after I done this :frowning:

Was in there Wednesday night.
Good truck stop.

Use it regularly, never had a bad meal there and prices are reasonable. :slight_smile:

I used to park up there on a regular basis, I loved wandering down to the first pub on the left, I got so well known there they would sometimes put me in darts matches :laughing:

Thats an indian resturant now pat, went in when it was the pub one night a big lad having a pint was on about feeding his pet snake’s with live rats,got a shock the next morning the same lad was the chef in truckstop. cheer’s bob

Try stopping there when footys on. They have a few tv’s and a projector playing sky sports in the bar.
Snaps decent enought and showers are ok. Plus they accept snap account too.

Stopped here last night.
A £16.50 parking gives you a £5r off your meal which was a good nosh. Very clean and tidy when I pulled in at just gone 6pm.

Most fuel cards taken there’s even a truck wash £22 for artic . Open 8 to 17.00.

Loos were clean . 6 p pots and dunnies. Didnt try out the shower as I just wanted feeding watering an sleep …

On the whole a very good stop.

10/10.

Haven’t been in for a long time, me figure don’t allow… :wink: , but they always did one of the best breakfasts anywhere.

1994 last time I went in. Showers was a communal thing. Soap on a rope :grimacing: :grimacing:

Maybe the owners have read our comments and are pleased with what they have seen.

Fatboy slimslow:
1994 last time I went in. Showers was a communal thing. Soap on a rope :grimacing: :grimacing:

Not that long since I was in there, but that’s the 1st thing I remembered when I saw the topic, had to put it on Google maps to make sure I was thinking of the same place.
I’m not at school anymore :unamused:

usually just use j23 to fuel up . can get busy after 4pm for the fuel … are the showers still commual soap on a rope job , years since i have been parked up there

gadge:
usually just use j23 to fuel up . can get busy after 4pm for the fuel … are the showers still commual soap on a rope job , years since i have been parked up there

No it’s the bogs now, with bog roll on a rope! :wink: :smiley:

This place is going downhill fast ,uncomfortable new chairs ,the smell of home cooking not from the kitchen but from the solo units camped outside ,road sweeper required or snowplough for the ■■■ ends on the tarmac :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:
This place is going downhill fast ,uncomfortable new chairs ,the smell of home cooking not from the kitchen but from the solo units camped outside ,road sweeper required or snowplough for the ■■■ ends on the tarmac :open_mouth:

That’s a considered response Dan. Just over 8 years. :laughing: