Junction 13 M1 truck stop my review total crap

i stayed here the other day for my 45 after my first drop in milton keynes. good by the time i had park up i was o nthe other side of the cab the place is full of pot holes plus how the hell do u sleep in this place most of it is on a slope and also if u wanted to get out early morning u would have no chance by the look of the place if u park in the middle section with a trl u would just about pull forward and get out with out striking the other guys trl or even cab.the only way u get out safe is to park at the back right at the end by the warehouse so u can drive straight out and have a good swing left out to the road but even then u will be on the other side of the cab the road out is full of pot holes all over.plus used the loos they are out well out of date cold damp god knows what the showers are like.and for the food no thanks did not likethe look of what was on offer so went back to my cab to try and have kip but no luck with the with the truck on a slope.

what are ur opions on this truck stop

It would be far easier to post about GOOD truckstops in the UK. :wink:

oh no not another 5 page “Junction26gate” type scandal… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

to be honest i’m just grateful for somewhere quiet and safe to stay over nite. i can only think of 2 very good truckstops tebay and orwell the rest are just parking places.

Mr B:
to be honest i’m just grateful for somewhere quiet and safe to stay over nite. i can only think of 2 very good truckstops tebay and orwell the rest are just parking places.

Lockerbie.

Ken.

The thing with this country we don’t like to complain…What I do if i have a bad exprience wherever it might be, I tell the people involved so they know that their food , showers , parking ,etc etc etc is bad, because if you don’t tell them they will not change!!!
But anyway thanks for pointing out that you were not happy with the ‘Truckstop’ did you tell them you were not happy■■?

The bog standard reply to any complaint in this country is…well nobody else has complained!

Must admit the parking area is not the best but the food is usually not too bad at all.

the showers there are spot on IMO clean,good strong spray(unlike some MSA’s where its like sitting under a dripping tap),it costs around 1-50 and the food is good too as you get loads for the price,used it many times and would stop there again

overall a good place to stop

i parked there a few times, nice and quiet, reasonable food, fuel, no potholes. nice slope to stop you falling out of bed.

limeyphil:
. nice slope to stop you falling out of bed.

As long as you have the intelligence to park the right way round.
But agree with everything else you said about it.

the best ones i have stayed at are

jenkinsons at penrith tops showers and food plenty of it aswell.

teaby good showers again and food is good

lockebie same again

and lesmahagow same again

and that new one just off the m74 for got its name just north of carlisle

carlilse is a ■■■■ hole showers grubby food gives me the ■■■■■ all night.

Luckily ive never had to night out at J13 but can imagine getting a decent nights kip is ni-on impossible. Must agree with the others though, Tebay, Lockerbie and Lesmahagow are all top notch. Seems like that the owners up north should teach the others how its done.

I sometimes fuel up at J13 and the pot holes are pretty crazy. They could do with updating the pumps as they run a bit slowly. When i used the toilets they were seemed fine and clean.

To be fair, Crawley Crossing was a keyfuels stop with a cafe and CB shop attached rather than a full blown Truckstop, the last time I parked there it was a fiver, that is a reasonable price to pay for parking on a slope :laughing:

limeyphil:
i parked there a few times, nice and quiet, reasonable food, fuel, no potholes. nice slope to stop you falling out of bed.

i wouldnt want a night out there with a 4 series topline!!!

I can’t fault the place it is what it is the foods good IMHO & I don’t eat ■■■■, the parkings a bit mad but I try not to overnight there, I did get my tilt slashed there some years back though but that can happen anywhere on this island. Totally agree with above post Tebay is about the only place in this country that could be called a truckstop, I’ve never been to Orwell gaff but I’ve heard its very good & will give it a go if I’m passing.

Fly sheet

thats why i keep lookin at this forum,stops me remembering tramping with rose coloured glasses,i"ll stick to being home every night,but keep reminding me why :laughing: