Jump starter

Hi all

I’m look for a half decent jump starter/charger for my scania p380

What do the good people of this forum reccomend ?

I have 1 of these https://hgvdirect.co.uk/durite-heavy-duty-li-polymer-booster-pack-12-24v-42000mah-dur0-649-40.html?campaign=20655092107&content=&keyword=&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAiP2tBhBXEiwACslfnjX9CCwNtOJuPFiuBa3ShYMvjI7I7-n2xg3WeF9i1TIPW5LDFRd-YBoCapYQAvD_BwE
And have been very impressed with ot.

Personally I bought a sealy capacitor based jump pack, it charges the capacitors up from even a dead battery and jumps starts the car really good. They do 12 and 24 volt ones. Never needs charging just stick it on goosed battery press the button to energised the capacitors and then crack on.

Not cheap but very good piece of kit

I’ve got the E start 600 or 800 and it starts my 2.0 diesel no bother and has started many cars no issues.

But if the battery is beyond dead sometimes it won’t start them as it doesn’t have enough oomph. But for general low battery they are a great piece of kit.

Video of Sealey battery less jump pack.

I bought one of these Durite packs but in the small print instructions it tells you not to crank for longer than 3 seconds or damage to the charger will result. If that is true and not a misprint for a more realistic 30 seconds, then I reckon they are chocolate since even with batteries in excellent condition a modern lorry will very likely exceed that cranking time on warm day, let alone below zero.

An advert for one says
“0-649-40 – 12/24V Jump Starter 42,000mAH Li-Polymer Battery.”
So, the three zeros cancel out the small m
So, that is a 42amphour battery.

Normally a truck might have what? Two 200Ah batteries?
Being only a tenth the size of a factory set up, I wouldn`t expect very much from that one, although the advert says it will start engines up to 16 litres.

New batteries normally work quite well