Julia Hartley-Brewer

I`m not a fan of Ms Hartley-Brewer, but she does a good job here:
youtube.com/watch?v=IM0FQg6tInI

Gove refusing to give any sort of meaningful answer to a perfectly simple question.
Anyone would think that he is merely parroting a new eye-catching “policy” from the Government.
It surely cant be that no-one in the real world would actually benefit is it? It cant be that the “policy” was launched without any clue about uptake, and hence cost, can it?
It cant be another example of a “plan” that isn`t a real plan, surely?

When a footie manager has a plan to win a cup is it
“We are going to win the cup…”
Or
“We want to win the cup. So, my plan is to eat more steak dinners, train for longer, and tell my players to give up smoking”

Once again a “plan”, that is only a wish, with no idea of how to get there, and no intention of doing any work to achieve it.

I blame Brexit !!

Btw…you and your ■■■■ football :unamused:
:wink:

I agree that J H-B can really be good in interviews, as can Eddie Mair. My only problem with her, and others such as James O’Brien, is that they promote their own politics a little too much. This, I feel, turns often interesting debates in to party political shows.

Dipster:
I agree that J H-B can really be good in interviews, as can Eddie Mair. My only problem with her, and others such as James O’Brien, is that they promote their own politics a little too much. This, I feel, turns often interesting debates in to party political shows.

Yep. I liked Mair on the PM programme.
Here he is yesterday with Therese Coffey about the current diversion from Johnson`s failings.
youtube.com/watch?v=8wjGcmOOdAc&t=426s

Franglais:

Dipster:

Here he is yesterday with Therese Coffey about the current diversion from Johnson`s failings.

I think Johnson’s biggest failing was the child grooming case, that kinda finished his carreer.
Being an ex Sunderland player, it pains me to say it, but he was a bloody good tactical midfielder.

I can barely listen to LBC anymore after years of both Left and Atheist creeping that has been going on.

They have the same old crowd of “Remainers” and “Orange Man Bad” types that call in to comment, despite the fact that both those issues are very much of yesteryear by this point.

I switched on LBC briefly in a supermarket car park yesterday, whilst taking my Mrs shopping there.

Listened to a few seconds of James O Bloody Brien sprouting his usual hogwash about how “souless” the Tories are for trying to deport innocent people to Rwanda, as if it were still the war-torn unsafe place it once was.

These people have been pretending to COME from places such as that, so it is only fitting that they should now be hoisted by their own petards in being returned to their own declared places of origin, no longer the danger they once were.

What happened to the PT boats in the channel we were promised, Boris? Patel?

A boat full of illegal migrants of any type - is surely being skipped BY a people trafficer, after all… Who’s getting paid for making this trip■■? Why no legal crackdown on BOAT skippers when Truckers both Gaffers and Drivers are come down upon like a ton of bricks, especially when their “Cargo” perishes in transit■■? :angry:

robroy:

Franglais:

Dipster:

I think Johnson’s biggest failing was the child grooming case, that kinda finished his carreer.
Being an ex Sunderland player, it pains me to say it, but he was a bloody good tactical midfielder.

You’ll be making connections to Johnson and Johnson next, being kicked in the Johnson, and playing straight into the very deflectors of political stick that are being described here as “current Diversion”…

The ones to watch - are TORY voters who have lost heart in Boris, not the very people who couldn’t stand the Bullingdon Buffoon from the outset!