JT Recruit (Agency)

Aargh!
OK, you know how I feel about agencies but I was recently talking to a friends daughter who works for JT Recruit.

I am not sure whether she gave me the hard sell or was telling it like it is.

Has anyone ever used them? Do they live up to a promise?

Offices in Mansfield. Loughborough and Derby according to website.

I actually worked for JT as a consultant and as a temp, and if I was back in the East Midlands they’d be my first port of call.

Jon Thompson, the owner, was with HMS (later Initial) in Derby. Good bloke, did OK for me and I’d trust him 100%.

A much bigger outfit now of course, but AFAIK a lot of the contracted drivers I worked with up to ten years ago are still there; never a bad sign.

Recommended.

:open_mouth: :confused: Are you asking for yourself Malc ?

Don’t trust anything they say and read the ■■■■■■■■■ contract they would give you first carefully especially the bit where it says

And watch them put in £5.25 or whatever it is. They’ll use this against you if there happens to be some sort of problem in the future

Also holiday pay

Watch for the holiday con, most won’t pay anything till you have done a solid 13 weeks, not much chance of that so they win.
What you want is a deal where you either accrue so much an hour for hol pay and can draw it when you want, or the extra 50p or whatever is added to your pay rate and paid every week and you accrue nothing > probably best way.

BTW I don’t know that company in particular, this is just general tips.

DAFMAD:

So why hijack this thread with your own prejudices? :wink:

Not all agencies are bad mate, and on the opposite side of the coin not all drivers suit agency work; it would seem that you’ve found this by your own experiences!

FYI Driver-Hire in Swansea messed my wages about a few times so don’t think for one moment that because I’ve been “behind the desk” I bat for their side ALL the time.

gnasty gnome:

DAFMAD:

So why hijack this thread with your own prejudices? :wink:

Not all agencies are bad mate, and on the opposite side of the coin not all drivers suit agency work; it would seem that you’ve found this by your own experiences!

FYI Driver-Hire in Swansea messed my wages about a few times so don’t think for one moment that because I’ve been “behind the desk” I bat for their side ALL the time.

:open_mouth: Hijack :confused: Something struck a nerve ■■

Just general tips as said to anyone not familiar with agency goings on that most seem to come out with.

Ive used jt in loughborough, Stuart has always sorted me out and rings every now and again to see what im upto, i cant stand the crap you normaly get from agencys but ive never had it with them,poss just lucky, but thats my 2p :smiley:

i’ve worked in the agency business; no nerves left!! :laughing:

Malc asked a serious question about a particular agency, which I as a former employee and temporary worker was probably better placed than anyone to reply to.

Since you’ve no doubt read Malc’s opening line, and it seems that his feelings re. the agency business aren’t dissimilar to your own, I’d politely suggest that your comments somewhat superfluous and unnecessary; a casual reader would reasonably assume that they actually referred to JT, which surely is equally as deliberately misleading as you accuse the agency business of being.

Do as you would be done to.

I might add that I’ve no connection with JT these days, and have not had so since 2002 when I left them to work for UPS Logistics; incidentally they placed me into that job.

My first conversation about JT happened while we were out having a meal locally, however when SHE (names witheld to protect the innocent) had gone I said to my “friend” that SHE seemed a decent lass.

Since that time I have discovered something untoward and need to take some time off work until the medical profession get some more leeches.

It was suggested to me that maybe this would be a way out of a difficult situation, thats all.

Thanks for info, Thanks especially GG

My pleasure Malc.

Hope you’re better soon.

I’ve never worked for JT but know quite a few drivers who do.

Have to say that I’ve only heard good things about them.

Iv’e worked for the Derby branch for a few weeks a few years ago, the folk were fine to deal with, shame they kept messing up the wages almost every week!