Joy Division/New Order

If you’re a fan of those bands, from 80s and 90s, or just a fan of Peter Hook, …check out his new band that I found on You tube.
Good tracks good memories.
youtu.be/1bjUYyePhyo

My favourite is 32 minutes in. (Regret)

Very good rob, but he is looking his age now and his voice isn’t the same. Now this one I have linked is a real timeless classic. Could listen to her all day.
youtube.com/watch?v=-VmQNKaOeEw

robroy:
If you’re a fan of those bands, from 80s and 90s, or just a fan of Peter Hook, …check out his new band that I found on You tube.
Good tracks good memories.
youtu.be/1bjUYyePhyo

My favourite is 32 minutes in. (Regret)

True Faith wasn’t half bad but think Talk Talk by Talk Talk beats it.

UKtramp:
Very good rob, but he is looking his age now and his voice isn’t the same. Now this one I have linked is a real timeless classic. Could listen to her all day.

Tbf Hooky was never a lead singer, and we’re all showing our age of that generation.
Apart from that show me any recording artist who sings live as good as the produced recording. :bulb:

Your choice?..Each to his own, and call me a philistine but I’d only choose that if I was in the mood for slashing me wrists. :laughing:

robroy:

UKtramp:

Tbf Hooky was never a lead singer, and we’re all showing our age of that generation.
Apart from that show me any recording artist who sings live as good as the produced recording. :bulb:

Your choice?..Each to his own, and call me a philistine but I’d only choose that if I was in the mood for slashing me wrists. :laughing:

Yes agreed. I think most bands are rubbish live, not all but most, a mate of Mine plays in T. rex and it isn’t the same as when Mark bolan was the front man. We are all ageing now so they do sound and look different. I feel like slashing my wrists to Bach but Handel and Mozart never fail to hit the spot.

I thought that was good.

Hook is playing in Manchester in Jan next year, not sure if there is a tour.

You might want to check out this guy’s channel, he has re worked quite a few New Order tracks.

youtu.be/XexSJ3zzma4

Bought Regret by New Order after match of the day did a montage of Chris Waddle’s career highlights, prior to 1993 FA cup final, with that as background tune.
Had a look on YouTube to see if I could find it : no success.
Showed clips of him running down wing as a lad. Great stuff.
Could play a bit that boy.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

DF40:
Bought Regret by New Order after match of the day did a montage of Chris Waddle’s career highlights, prior to 1993 FA cup final, with that as background tune.
Had a look on YouTube to see if I could find it : no success.
Showed clips of him running down wing as a lad. Great stuff.
Could play a bit that boy.

It was the theme and soundtrack to a tv doc about George Best on his (I think) 50th birthday.
Best was a one off football genius,…same thing they showed his moments brilliance on the pitch to that track.
Btw …how much would he be worth as a player today? :open_mouth:
Priceless I reckon, Lionel Messi’s worth and half again.

(Waddle was a product of Wallsend boy’s club along with Alan Shearer and I think Peter Beardsley.)

New Order did the best football song ever.

Italia 90, one of the best England teams ever (semi final World Cup) managed by the best manager ever (Sir Bobby).
A great summer watching England in a beer garden, with this as a soundtrack, brings back some good memories of that time…what’s not to like man. :sunglasses:
youtu.be/Re4aDJL3heA

Can’t agree there, being a Scot. Ain’t Robroy a Scottish name anyhow?

DF40:
Can’t agree there, being a Scot. Ain’t Robroy a Scottish name anyhow?

Not in my case mate 100% English.
If anybody IS mildly interested …Robert is my real name, shortened to Rob by my Mam …went on to be Robroy as a bit of a nickname by my Granda, then further shortened to Roy by some… so some call me Rob, some call me Roy (many call me a ■■■■ :laughing: )
Im just an enigmatic type of guy me :sunglasses:

:unamused: :laughing:

Enough of my favourite subject (me :laughing: ) here’s some rough and ready 1980 style semi punk vintage Joy Division with the late Ian Curtis as lead singer and his weird dance moves…enjoy. :sunglasses:

youtu.be/6dBt3mJtgJc

Btw anybody who thinks ‘It’s crap’ …just doesn’t get it. :bulb:

robroy:
Enough of my favourite subject (me :laughing: ) here’s some rough and ready 1980 style semi punk vintage Joy Division with the late Ian Curtis as lead singer and his weird dance moves…enjoy. :sunglasses:

youtu.be/6dBt3mJtgJc

Weird dance moves? where, that’s how I dance. A fact with Ian Curtis was he used to suffer from epileptic fits so they had to keep a real close eye on him on stage, he would fit on stage and nobody knew as they thought it was him dancing. That is true.

UKtramp:

robroy:

youtu.be/6dBt3mJtgJc

Weird dance moves? where, that’s how I dance. A fact with Ian Curtis was he used to suffer from epileptic fits so they had to keep a real close eye on him on stage, he would fit on stage and nobody knew as they thought it was him dancing. That is true.

A manic depressive who topped himself in the end,. …and on the eve of the band’s certain life changing U.S. tour. :neutral_face:

robroy:
A manic depressive who topped himself in the end,. …and on the eve of the band’s certain life changing U.S. tour. :neutral_face:

Amazes me how manic depressives when rich and famous can be so down that they kill themselves, just that shows money isn’t everything. When people say “at least you have your health” it actually is the most important thing in life.

I was a fan of new order and electronic in the 90s …

Heard this yesterday and I really liked it , a few die hard fans will think it’s sacrilegious lol

Enjoy…

youtu.be/kzlzA2El6Ps

UKtramp:

robroy:

UKtramp:

Yes agreed. I think most bands are rubbish live, not all but most, a mate of Mine plays in T. rex and it isn’t the same as when Mark bolan was the front man. We are all ageing now so they do sound and look different. I feel like slashing my wrists to Bach but Handel and Mozart never fail to hit the spot.

Amen to ol JSB, especially the Goldberg Variations.Sublime.I’m tapping into medieval music increasingly these days,nothing like a little crumhorn to start the day i find.Ditto Vivaldis concerto for two flutes.Hits the spot.

If you’ve not already seen it,i can heartily recommend -(Control),the film made about the band is an outright masterpiece of the genre.They were sure channeling some serious bleakness in their music,no mistaking em for Fleetwood Mac :smiley: Original though.

manalishi:
If you’ve not already seen it,i can heartily recommend -(Control),the film made about the band is an outright masterpiece of the genre.They were sure channeling some serious bleakness in their music,no mistaking em for Fleetwood Mac :smiley: Original though.

Seen 24hour party people, about the whole of the Manchester music scene at that time, think Ralf Little (Royle family) played Peter Hook in that, but not seen (nor heard of) that one.

robroy:

manalishi:

Seen 24hour party people, about the whole of the Manchester music scene at that time, think Ralf Little (Royle family) played Peter Hook in that, but not seen (nor heard of) that one.

And Hooky was married to Caroline Ahern,much missed Mancunian comedy icon.A tortured soul alas, and of course,the main creative spirit behind the Royles phenomenon.