Jokers !!!!!!

Jobs advertised on Jobcentre plus site , full time one @ £ 7.91p an hour and an agency one @ £8.02p an hour for first 55 hours , all I can say is if anyone works for those rates for these Jokers you want your ■■■■■■■ head feeling !!! .

VOLSCADAF:
Jobs advertised on Jobcentre plus site , full time one @ £ 7.91p an hour and an agency one @ £8.02p an hour for first 55 hours , all I can say is if anyone works for those rates for these Jokers you want your [zb] head feeling !!! .

Depends where you are in the country, I think. Sounds about the going rate for class 1 around here (work in and around Glasgow).

what’s the minimum you would work for?

I went for interview at Port of Tyne a few weeks ago, I thought they would be decent payers given their kit is usually in good nick. That was £7.99ph for 50 hrs, start times were between 04:00 and 16:00. I walked out & stayed with agency. They’re still looking.

Surely we must be reaching the point by now of

“No on will work for crappy wages - unless forced to do so by law”.

Perhaps as referred “We have the bravery to bring back Slavery - working in a supermarket is just the start of it” in the parody Cameron speech… (Contains Swearing - I can’t edit it out mods!)

I guess there are some people that will take on low hourly rates - because they will get the tax credit top-up. Problem is, who wants to work 55 ■■■■■■■ hours for it when a “normal” job is 35-40 hours before overtime kicks in?

Plus, working more than an average 48 hour week… You’re never going to qualify for “overtime” and stay legal long-term… :exclamation:

class 1 job in local paper for £7.00p/h :open_mouth:

And here’s me NEARLY thinking of going part time along side my current job (within regs)…

Guess HGV licenses are worth [ZB]!!! now… :open_mouth:

while £8 an hour is far from ideal you’re going to have £3-400 more at the end of the week than you would if you don’t work at all!

Just got a new job with a salary £24k plus £1.5k bonuses (tacho infringment/no-accident) this is driving class 2, their class 1 drivers earn £27.5k plus same bonuses, my previous company did pay £8.60 per hour for class 2 but having lost drivers to various companies put up the rate to £9.00…mind you the new job is 4am starts and a rolling 5 on 3 off shift, the previous job had starts from 2.30am till about 11am or the afternoon shift 1.30pm till midnight ish, after seeing some of the rates on offer i think ive done ok.

snookysilversurfer:
Just got a new job with a salary £24k plus £1.5k bonuses (tacho infringment/no-accident) this is driving class 2, their class 1 drivers earn £27.5k plus same bonuses, my previous company did pay £8.60 per hour for class 2 but having lost drivers to various companies put up the rate to £9.00…mind you the new job is 4am starts and a rolling 5 on 3 off shift, the previous job had starts from 2.30am till about 11am or the afternoon shift 1.30pm till midnight ish, after seeing some of the rates on offer i think ive done ok.

Dont post your wages on here, you will open the floodgates to the ‘i would’nt get out of bed for that’ and the ‘better off stacking shelves’ brigade!!

Don’t forget the grand a week boys either!

Olog Hai:

in reality we should be on more than £2000 a week for all the tax raises and cost of living for the last 25 years so please stop you’re snide comments. I invoice more than £1200 a week, because I can :grimacing:

Olog Hai:

Parcel delivery drivers are on a grand a week… They only take home about enough to buy a round of drinks though… :unamused:

Do elephants fall off the cliff?

Boom Boom.