Joined the full time ranks

Just an update as promised
As some of you will know from previous posts i was finaly given a chance on the class 1 by a small but friendly company this week with no promise of a full time job or more work BUT…
Got the news friday ive got me a full time job mainly container work and pulling taught liners so plenty of experience to gain.
Last week was my first week so all the stress of getting everything right, finding my feet with the truck and the obvious different reversing points i reached was knackering but i pulled it off enough to land a job.

I must admit i posted on here asking for help reversing as i kept aiming for 1 bay and hitting another but turns out it was me approaching it all wrong and thanks to advice on here something has seemed to click and its a dam sight easier to get the bay i want, so just practice now is needed to brush up and that will come with time and the right attitude.

Week started keeping me local and keeping an eye on me but i seemed to p*ss that work so by day 3 started getting sent further afeild and that suits me fine as i like the driving part rather then the sitting around waiting part.

had 1 misshap right in front of boss too!
Backed under trailer to low missed pin and cracked the light on the unit!!!
Big lesson learnt there. I know should of waited for suspension to raise, Get out and look ect but for some reason i didnt, luckly boss was cool about it and a sh*t happens attitude (think the biggest dent was my pride) but something i will defo remember in future :blush:

Anyway i pulled all the jobs off and with slight delays (but keeping everyone informed)
Picked the protocol of certain places up pretty quick, made an idiot of myself going to wrong offices :blush: and standing there like a muppet whilst everone seeing how long i stay there looking into the window ect but hay no major misshaps.
Example got to a place to collect a container snooty wooman behind desk just said
" papper work"
No morning, hiya Nothing so i just said No English so she proceded to explain what i needed to do like i was deaf and dumb, anyway returning back with my box number she said “your all done” to which i replied " Cheers love tara now" the look on here face was priceless :laughing:

All in all a good week learnt so much, feel alot more comfortable with the truck and the cherry on the cake landed a job out of it.

Most of the drivers i spoke to or asked questions where very friendly and happy to help (so if any of you are on here Cheers. I even found myself helping other drivers at certain points so that was a bonus to give someting back.

Anyway not to bore you to much ive added a couple of pics below so if you see me about give us a wave or flash (of the lights lol)

From the last picture you might want to check the hand brake :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds like your boss is a good un. Well done and good luck.

Ex Stobbies Topliner?

Ken.

Quinny:
Ex Stobbies Topliner?

Ken.

it is yes :smiley:

to me tho its my pride and joy, first truck and that :laughing:

hand brake was on lol it was me walkinig with camara lol

Well done, just take your time and do not rush things. Nice first wagon, beats the crappy low cab DAF CF I had first by a long shot.