Join the queue!

Hi All

There is an air of expectation that tests will be available in the not too distant future. No-one can tell you exactly when - but I have a good (ish) feeling.

If you’re thinking about training these are strange times. The uncertainty around tests is horrible. But what we are offering is an approach to assist most folks.

We have two options:

1. Call our office (01623 555661) and register your interest. You will be asked for normal details and you will pay no money whatsoever. Your details will go into our queuing system. As your file gets to a point when it can be dealt with, you’ll receive a call and/or email from us. You will then have the option of accepting dates offered, negotiating later dates or declining the offer and asking for your details to be removed. Only in the event of accepting dates will you be asked for £200 deposit with the balance of fees due a couple of weeks before start of training.

2. Call our office and request training asap. This is perfectly possible and, to some, absolutely reasonable. I would suggest for CAT C, holding back a couple of hours from the course to have before your test when it’s available. For CE I would recommend holding on to 4 hours. In both cases, the training can be completed (with the provision mentioned above) in just 2 days. This is helpful as it get’s you further down the line and you might not be too busy at the moment. Weekend training is available if you are busy Mon-Fri. Unfortunately we are not able to offer accommodation due to the Covid-19 restrictions. EDIT: ACCOMMODATION NOW AVAILABLE! Currently, training is available immediately. There’s a whole team of instructors itching to get back to work!If you select this option, payment is due 2 weeks before training. So, currently, it could be payment on booking. CAT C £1260. CE £1395. MOD 4 £270. Pass Protection £300. You only pay for what you’re doing. No-one will be asked for payment, for instance, for C and CE together.

BTW, it is perfectly legal to continue with your driver training before you’ve passed your theory tests. But it is not possible to book a practical driving test until the theory tests have been passed.

Be assured that ours is a Covid Secure operation and everything possible has been put in place to minimise risk. Happy to email the measures taken throughout the operation to anyone who would like a copy. Just send me a request with your email.

As another thought, anyone considering CE might want to come and learn reversing and uncouple/recouple. Whether or not you intend training with us, you can come and master that at a Trucknet rate of £81 per hour. This offers a real step forward towards your training course. I would recommend a minimum of 3 hours.

I know there’s a number of folks pondering the best way forward. Hopefully this might give more food for thought.

And whatever you decide to do, or otherwise, take care.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just to add that there is only one person (Tracey) manning just one phone. This is a tiny fraction of our normal capacity. So if you call and dont get an answer straight away, apologies, but please try again.

An alternative is to contact me directly via pm.

Thanks, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

We must be getting closer to having tests. So, if you haven’t done it already, this is the time to register and get your place in the queue.

It’s just a phone call to 01623 555661. We’ll take your details, zero payment, and call you when a course is available. At that point, accept the dates, negotiate later dates or decline altogether in which case your details will be deleted. Only when you accept dates will you be asked for £200 deposit.

There’s nothing to lose.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Lorry Driving Tests by Zoom, it will be like the old motorcycle tests where the examiner walks out in front of the candidate. :stuck_out_tongue: