Johnny walkers last drivetime

the great man has called time on the drivetime and no doubt we will get carrot top some time in this month (18th i think) so plenty of time to do some tapes/cd’s.
but what a great last show.

will be sadly missed.

p.s the controller of radio 2 insiseted he (evans) should be given time to bed himself into the slot,but as anyone ever listened to his sat afternoon slot,and survived three hours of it? i haven’t ,five live for the footie yes,him no way.

I agree with you that it’s a shame that Johnny Walker’s leaving the 5pm to 7pm slot. There is no way on earth that I’ll be listening to that ginger haired idiot :angry:

I shed a tear yesterday about 5 to 7 when JW left the show, I can see the trafic becoming the least important thing on the show and of course the Ginger Whinger becoming more important than anything else on the show.

Bye…Bye…Johnny walker …i have listened to him for years…even when he was on pirate radio (caroline)…(london)…what a great man and presenter…and the banter he had with Sally Traffic was tremendous…so we will miss him…i will never listen to the ginger one…and cant understand why hes on R2 anyway…hes a R1 man or was…
i always listen to Ed Stewpot on sundays which is a great program from 5 - 7pm and no doubt Johnny will help to make sunday radio the best …as for greedy steve wright…not satisfied with 5 days a week…got to do a sunday slot as well…thats what you get when you love the sound of your own voice…

Who are these idiots at the BBC who think they know better than us truckers…■■

:cry: i agree truckboy the ex radio 1 presenters spoil radio 2 has for steve wright he should go back and waffle on radio1

Correct me if I am wrong but Johhny Walker is also ex Radio 1. So if the ex Radio 1 presenters spoil Radio 2 you must be pleased to see him go in that case? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Correct me if I am wrong but Johhny Walker is also ex Radio 1. So if the ex Radio 1 presenters spoil Radio 2 you must be pleased to see him go in that case? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

No its just that ?Chris Evans is an unfunny ■■■■■■■■ he is about as funny as Harry Hill 2 of the least most funny men on the planet, Evans says things that he thinks is funny but its usually about him and not much more.

Evans is like that other ghost from the past ,Edmonds…Nobody wants them but nobody stops them. Walker had a real heart .He was made of flesh & blood. The other two are plastic.

J W Gets my vote every time.

Evans just babbles

Gotta say,

I think Chris evens is a brilliant presenter, each to our own I guess…

TC:
Gotta say,

I think Chris evens is a brilliant presenter, each to our own I guess…

I prefer Chris too.

Chris Evans is about the only reason I would tune to Radio 2, the rest of the presenters on there are crap.

im 33 and i used to enjoy johnny walker and i used to like the traffic reports and the same people were all sat in traffic every day in fact if i knew who wizzard is i would avoid him like the plague cos he is always heading for a queue.

Coffeeholic:
Chris Evans is about the only reason I would tune to Radio 2, the rest of the presenters on there are crap.

as for sarah kennedy she makes me want to drive my truck off a cliff!!

TAZ MAN:
as for sarah kennedy she makes me want to drive my truck off a cliff!!

Really? I have an uncontrollable urge to drive it over her. :wink: :smiley:

I have an uncontrollable urge too regarding Sarah Kennedy and it’s been with me since her days on game for a laugh.She appeared on there one day in a “clinging” white tee shirt that showed her marvellous assets to great effect! Really sorry to see Johnny go,don’t have any axe to grind with Evans,enjoyed don’t forget your toothbrush but can’t get on with him as a DJ,he’s an amateur compared with JW.

So how is the Drivetime show now? Is the Ginger one causing world poverty, global warming or bird flu?

I actually think that he has found his true vocation on the 5 - 7 teatime slot and try to listen whenever I can.

I love Fox the Fox and Johny Saunders who’s in your locker, cocker?

I thought I had posted here that I wouldnt listen to Chris Evans but I have changed my mind recently.

agreed Malc.
i never really liked Chris Evans before, but got to give credit where its
due. the guys grown up, hes not as manic as he used to be.
i listen most evenings and look forward to fridays request show now.

I agree, best show on Radio 2 by a mile.

been listening to a lot of cd’s over the past few months…