Johnny Streek

Johnny Streek, stalwart of Grangewood Transport and my dear friend has, sadly, died of Covid 19 in hospital in Kent recently. RIP Streeky. We had many happy times together including here, waiting in Ancona to catch the ferry to Greece (on the way to Kuwait) in about 1979.

5DC87AC1-3CD9-422D-89D9-1094430B912E.jpeg

The Grangewood Crew at Terry Bishop’s 60th birthday party in summer 2000. “Zwei meter funf” (Bernie Bartels); Kenneth Ward; Johnny Streek (1936-2020); Terry Bishop. I’‘m six-feet-two…

7F3E6F25-01BA-44FA-B7CD-C8DB1435C3FD.jpeg

Hi Kenny,
While I was searching the internet I came across this, Sad news about Johnny Streek, WOW Grangewood Transport, this company has brought some old stories that my Dad shared with me when i was a child, yep a very young child at the time, the 1 story that I can remember that my dad told me, he uses to do the middle east runs, (Greenwich > Istanbul > Aran > Iraq > Baghdad),
I can’t remember who my dad was with when this happened, they were driving in the desert when the fuel pump went on the Scania, they removed the trailer belly tank & put it on top of the Unit to gravity feed the fuel, I know that my Dad was a good friend of Johnny Streek & I recall Streeky living in Kidbrooke, London, Oh sorry I haven’t told you who my dad was >> Mick Candish, I’m his youngest son Mike, Sadly my Dad passed away back in Dec 2001. OMG, that’s 20years this year since he’s gone. I hope this message finds you well. Regards Mikey C