John Poole (grandad)

Hello everyone, does anyone remember John Poole (grandad).I believe he did the middle east back in the day for either Duxbury’s or Whittle’s. I worked with John at both Stuart Taylor intl and DG Davies & Sons but then lost contact about 10 years ago when i believ he moved to Surrey. Any info would be much appreciated.

i met john at the begining of the 80’s,he was a subby for whittles.years later i worked with him at movers int of preston.he was a decent & well liked guy.sorry to have to tell you but he fell ill & died about 3 or 4 years ago.

I think it is the same John Poole who worked with us at Norman Lewis Tankers for a while, he definitely came from Stuart Taylors.

Thankyou all for the info regarding john, john took me under his wing when i first started on international work for stuart taylor where i stayed for about 5 1/2 years. john left and went working for DG Davies of Glossop and i followed him there about a year later.He was a good bloke and always willing to help anyone who needed it. Thanks again to you all. regards barry .