John Peel.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen … 955289.stm

A not so little bit of Great Britain bowed out today.

Very, very sad.

Who am I going to wake up with on a Saturday morning now?

Bloody sad news. :frowning:

My gaffer came into the office today and told us,and a cold feeling came over me.

I used to listen to Peely on his R1 night time show circa 1979/80 when punk was at it’s height,and then used to discuss it the next day at school.

RIP John.Our loss is heavens gain.

Ken.

ditto the above. a very sad loss.

He’s gone to that great “THE SCENTED FLOWER GARDEN” in the sky.
He & Kenney Everet are now on the MV Galaxy once again.
RIP John Peel.
Plays out to the sound of Big Lil.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yep, he never put on a daft accent, or gushed like a fool, he played what he wanted, and commentated on Classic Trucks, to me that was great, solid DJ.

It’s very sad news, he was a top broadcaster and will be sadly missed.

RIP John.

Very Sad

Like Quinny, I remember listening to him every night 10pm R1 in the late seventies :blush:

RIP John Peel

agree with all the above…he will be a sad loss to us but a great gain for the other side.rip john :wink: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sympathies to his family and friends :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

As far back as I can remember John Peel has always been a voice that was instantly recognisable on the radio, his encouragement of new music throughout the last 30 odd years was legendary

I heard the news as I drove home this evening, was instantly saddened, a great loss to a great many of us

RIP John

■■■■… that’s a great pity.

“For All You Good You Do, You Get Paid In Heaven,
For All The Bad You Pay Down Here”

Kieran Halpin, Irish SingerSongwriter

RIP John Peel!

used to love his programme on radio 4, will be sadly missed ,a real genuine bloke.and there aint many about.

will miss the man :cry:

Again I used to listen to his program on radio 4 " Home Truths" on a sat morning and always enjoyed it.
He will be sadly missed

My condolences to his family and friends of whom i’m sure there are thousands

R.I.P JOHN

John Peel talent was to make you feel like he was broadcasting to you personally and talk to his audience as equals. No trapping of I’m the great DJ and better then you. I listerned to Home truths today and an Irish man who used to contribute many great stories told of the day he met John Peel. He said that John was really pleased to met him and called his wife to get the camera so he could have his picture taken with the him.
Of the many things that I liked was his devotion to his family, his laid back broadcasting style, sense of humor and the fact he just seemed like a down to earth bloke, (more so than some drivers I’ve met)
For somebody I’ve never met, I’ll really miss him.
and my condolences to his family (I think he’d recently become a Grandfather).

what a turnout at his funeral yesterday,he will be sadly missed by us all :cry: :cry: gone but will never be forgotten