John Mitchell Grangemouth

Have been offered some work via an agency with Mitchell`s , any comments and information would be welcome .

Long established family firm 99% MAN units lots of new sliding skellies , they do mostly containers ,based very close to Grangemouth docks.

As I already posted in your duncan adams thread, there a better firm than duncan adams, more popular with drivers.

Do you stay in Fauldhouse?

pavaroti:
As I already posted in your duncan adams thread, there a better firm than duncan adams, more popular with drivers.

Fortunately no .

Very good to work for, no pressure and your just left to get on with it.

Excellent kit you get and decent work. If im on containers I’ll only work for them or Dougie Haig.

I take it your with Target? Im signed as unavailable just now but they even called me the other night offering me hookers and booze if I did a shift for them this weekend so they must be desperate.

And just to add, If you get offered Duncan Adams - Refuse it. Your licence is worth more.

Not a bad place to work, your day flyswatter in

Is the old man John Mitchell himself still alive ■■? proper old school and down to earth gentleman… he once helped me fold my sheets up when i was tipping in their yard.

I’v worked for Mitchells for a number of years now, old man Mitchell passed away a while back & his son Ian is at the helm now. Good firm to work for but you’ll never be a rich man by doing so, but it suits me & is 3 minutes from my house.
2 of the 3 traffic offices are better to work for than the 3rd in my opinion but I’m usually working on the Thornbridge sawmills contract which again suits me down to the ground & if no work there, I’m doing containers/curtains round at Mitchells yard.

Worked for Duncy Adams 20 years ago…crap then & looks worse now!

shugg:

pavaroti:

Fortunately no .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .quality

Buster, you’d have known the “Red Hackle” aka wee Billy S