John m.young/hudson shepherd

scorpio had a depot in alloa behind rtn patons it was a pig to get into.

thats a wee bit before my time(im only56).did u work out of brighouse? i run out of langholm doing scotland&■■■■■■■ 1985-96.

I remember John M Young very well, I used to live in Langholm. He mainly ran ERF’s and some Ford Cargos, carrying textiles from the Scottish Borders.

hi george, been a few years since i drove for jmy. robin nixon was transport manager,charlie umpherston was manager,my cousin rob fraserwas mechanic. when hst came inthey done away withthe ERFs n brought in leylands n MANs. they were junk compared with the old ones.

I remember them taking over Cyril Whitleys of Shipley nr Bradford anyone remember them■■?

dont remember them .was with HST 80s&90s. there were too many takeovers at that time, it was hard to remember who we were working for.

Wheel Nut:
I didnt know they got mixed up with Ontime, but Hudson Shepherd joined us oiks at United Carriers along with Ripponden & District, Scorpio International, Arrowfast, Atlas Express and Thompson Jewitt amongst others. Sovereign, Carpet Express, Mansped…

I’ve since learned that this was when Jacob’s had acquired Thompson Jewitt (and possibly one or two other remnants of UCI), as part of an ill-fated association with FedEx. And hence the Ontime name (FedEx - “The World On Time”) and the logo which is rather reminiscent of FedEx! Jacob’s had also acquired Arcade Automotive and others, and were themselves later bought up by Bidvest from South Africa, who also own 3663 Food Services

auldyin …do you know what happened to tommy grant when youngs finnished… was good friends wi tommy an lost touch as ya do.
jimmy.