john dee

john dee was mentioned in one of these threads and it was said john dee is now katams

john od:
in case anyone reads old posts
john dee took over Robert international at sandwich kent, we had trucks similar to and probably once owned by peter roff.
we were renamed john dee eurofreight
we had 3 depots
ramsgate handled mainly italian runs for magnet and southern bringing in chipboard based products
sandwich was for servicing
and dover was at the old jewsons yard on the way to the western docks and handled steel coils and danzas work all traction only based

I pulled John Dee trailers out of Ramsgate & the Dover depot, also worked for Robert International in the early 80’s ( Phil Gardner was in the office in charge) I also done a lot of Italy for them. Heres a picture or two, more John Dee info on the other page about them take a look. ■■■■ Matthew (R J Matthew Transport) Sittingbourne

I pulled John Dee trailers out of Ramsgate & the Dover depot, also worked for Robert International in the early 80’s ( Phil Gardner was in the office in charge) I also done a lot of Italy for them. Heres a picture or two, more John Dee info on the other page about them take a look. ■■■■ Matthew (R J Matthew Transport) Sittingbourne
[/quote]
Tipping Waste Paper in Magenta (I)

Flyingrabbit:
I pulled John Dee trailers out of Ramsgate & the Dover depot, also worked for Robert International in the early 80’s ( Phil Gardner was in the office in charge) I also done a lot of Italy for them. Heres a picture or two, more John Dee info on the other page about them take a look. ■■■■ Matthew (R J Matthew Transport) Sittingbourne[/quote

Waiting to load on the Sally Line Ramsgate 1987

On the way home from Italy later stopping at the Monkey House for some grub.

Clearing Customs at Pordenone after loading Magnet Stuff bound for Darlington 1988 Happy Days ■■■■ Matthew

There is a blast from the past. They used the same business model as Eddie Stobart but the last recession caught them.

georgeking:
There is a blast from the past. They used the same business model as Eddie Stobart but the last recession caught them.

I do remember a quote in a Tr*ck magazine interview, where Mr Davison was quoted as saying something to the effect that turnover was important, and profit margin less so. It struck me then as a curious business model…

When they went pop, it was the biggest non-surprise in Kent ever.

Harry Monk:

Why in Kent they were based in Durham and the North East.

Not the same company same family I believe JD was barred from being a Director
Had quite a few mates work for them when they did all the steel for Dartford crossing

greek:
Not the same company same family I believe JD was barred from being a Director
Had quite a few mates work for them when they did all the steel for Dartford crossing

Yes I believe he was because of a company he set up called Indexagent Limited to buy the assets of John Dee. I wonder what would have happened to Edward Stobart if his brother and Tinkler did not step in to save Eddie Stobart Ltd.

georgeking:

Harry Monk:

They did a lot of unaccompanied work out of Dover.

Didn’t Archbolds take on a lot of the old John Dee contracts?

in case anyone reads old posts
john dee took over Robert international at sandwich kent, we had trucks similar to and probably once owned by peter roff.
1x daf 3300
1xdaf 3600
1x scammell roadtrain
1x leyalnd roadtrain (my 1st wagon)
1x leyland interstate ( my 2nd motor )
1x volvo f10 left ■■■■■■ ( ex peter roff ? )
then 2 f10’s when john dee took over ( f42 ftn was mine 14km on the clock) which i turners of soham bought when we went bust
and a fl10
we were renamed john dee eurofreight
we had 3 depots
ramsgate handled mainly italian runs for magnet and southern bringing in chipboard based products
sandwich was for servicing
and dover was at the old jewsons yard on the way to the western docks and handled steel coils and danzas work all traction only based

Does anybody know if Eddie Young is still around. I knew him when he was on John Dee then E H Horne. I had several nights out with him during the '80’s and '90’s but someone told me he packed in driving to run a club. He was a real star,I would love to meet up with him again. I worked for Perfects of Gt. Yarmouth in those days.
Haddy (Dave)

As far as i know Katem stands for Kate and Emma , John Dee’s daughters , so i was told anyway !!

georgeking:

Harry Monk:

Wasnt that Van Hee ?

No , Van Hee didnt go pop , they sold out to Tal logistics , and just do training and warehousing now !

young trucker:
No , Van Hee didnt go pop , they sold out to Tal logistics , and just do training and warehousing now !

No, not go pop but originate from the N/E , ie Durham .