Joda Freight

has anyone got any pics of old Joda freight trucks preferably “P619 PWW”

thanks

I bet you would like to be back in that motor beeky it,s got to be better than a new iveco, i,ll look through my photos and post you one on here , when are you coming back anyway? by the way old ■■■■ has just retired and howard is back in the garage.

I was Jodas first apprentice mechanic, back in the late 80s early 90`s, if you have any pics of the early motors would appreciate them, I was known as “Mole”. Trucks I was working on at time were Sed Atki 6 x 2 ELY 951T, F10 4 x 2 C419 DBH, DAF 2800 6 x 2 B231 OAJ, Scania 111 cant remember the reg and a few others besides.
Used to second man on wide loads with a King drop neck tandem low loader they had and also with a step frame tilt we cut down to carry anti-vandal ■■■■ houses for Bradco from Bradford all over country, usually on a weekend. The garage was were the petrol station is now on the roundabout and the office was a static caravan then a portacabin, a long time before the garage was built and a long time before they new site they are on now. Good memories though.

marsden:
I was Jodas first apprentice mechanic, back in the late 80s early 90`s, if you have any pics of the early motors would appreciate them, I was known as “Mole”. Trucks I was working on at time were Sed Atki 6 x 2 ELY 951T, F10 4 x 2 C419 DBH, DAF 2800 6 x 2 B231 OAJ, Scania 111 cant remember the reg and a few others besides.
Used to second man on wide loads with a King drop neck tandem low loader they had and also with a step frame tilt we cut down to carry anti-vandal [zb] houses for Bradco from Bradford all over country, usually on a weekend. The garage was were the petrol station is now on the roundabout and the office was a static caravan then a portacabin, a long time before the garage was built and a long time before they new site they are on now. Good memories though.

We have just sold joda8 the only remaining cut down tilt it was kept because it was a very light trailer ,we have 6 stepframe trailers now some are 60ft exte nders,and about 130 curtainsiders did you work in the garage with john and dave? Was cobby there at the time driving a 7.5 yon cargo?

haha youre on about my dad haha i wanted some pictures of the old motor because i lost them all haha, but yeah he’s chuffed with his iveco :smiley: but that volvo was something else eh haha

and my dad says whats ya real name scud? :smiley:

Hi Scud, never knew anybody called Cobby so it must have been before Cobby, Yes I worked in the garage with John (who wore clogs) and Dave, many many tales of Joda, going on Johns stag night at Skipton rugby club when he married Diane for one. Also remember moving John and Diane from Glusburn, the cottages accross the road from the mill to Eastburn were they live now.
Pam Sometimes made us all our teas, she used to bring it down to the yard if we were working late or we would go to daves house when they lived on Manse way. Daves lads who were only tots at the time used to sit on the fork lift with me as we used to load and unload trucks.
Drivers at the time were Steve Cochrane or Cocky, Dave Benn, Roger Ellison, Tug wilson, FM aka Alan Davis I think it was from Cowling, does his missus sue still work in the butty van near the level crossing, Ian Fearnley think he ended up inside for something.
It took Dave, Ian and Cocky to hold me down and shall we say initiate me as a young apprentice and it involved a massive tub of grease!!!
Pass on my regards to Dave and John.

Hi marsden i,ll be back at work tomorrow if i see jhn or dave i ,ll pass on your regards cheer,s