Joda freight

I’m starting with Joda on Monday does anyone know what they are like to drive for. Looks like I’ll be on much better money than I’m on just now, I started work with a small company in Keighley first time driving class 1 but was only clearing £430 a week and that’s out Monday and not back home till Friday so I’m hoping things will be looking better from Monday!! Thanks

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I’ve never worked for them but keep us informed. I’ve noticed they’ve just moved into a yard near where I live ( West Yorkshire) I haven’t had chance to go and knock on the door yet, but I will do if their any good.

£430 a week for tramping? Jee-sus.

I mean, I appreciate you needed some experience but they should be ashamed. Are you including night out money in that figure?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately that is including night out money, that’s what clears into my bank each Friday so I’m looking forward to a change and having more nights home with the kids!

430? Name and shame the ■■■■■

the company i work for frequently works with Joda. the owners are best mates. we also have a near identical business plan from what i can tell/have heard.

They run good kit just got a few 66 plate fh in. most of their gear is well looked after. dunno what the wage is like but if its similar to ours good for the area. although the class 1 drivers are paid the same as the van drivers and the class 2 lads.

they are part of the pallet track network whose hub is in bilston. wolves.

friendly bunch of guys from the ones ive met. youll see a lot of your joda guys flashing our guys.

i have 1 question about them i hope you can answer…
how the chuff do you pronounce the company name?. were all abit unsure. Joda… Yoda?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I’ve always just called it Joda the way it’s spelled no one has corrected me so far so I’ll just stick to that!! I’ve seen a few of there units about and they all look in good nick be a nice change getting to drive good kit and being paid reasonable wages!!

They been going a long time…

I reckon it’s Joe Dah. As in Joe and Dave which is my wild guess as to how it got it’s name.

So your starting a job on monday, you dont know what theyre like, how much money you will be earning, , no wonder you were shafted on your present company…£430 a week including nights out, what is this industry coming to, especially with drivers who are willing to work for ■■■■ money…you should have at least cleared £600 a week after stoppages. Anyway the fact that your boss, and your new boss are best mates, maybe they work to the same rates ? and you will get shafted once again…before i start with a company…i want to know what i am getting, what the ins and outs are, and the best way is to ASK.

I know rates are better with Joda £9.50ph for the first 10 hours then £11ph after that, think it’s time and a half for Sunday’s which I need to do 1 Sunday every 4 weeks, it’s not a top rate pay but it’s better than what I am on just now just took this job so I could get some driving experience as most of the good employers want tried and tested drivers. I haven’t for a clue if my old boss knows my new boss never heard him mention Joda before.

Joda freight= John Collett & Dave Wareing HTH

Isn’t Joda a member on here. Sure I’ve seen posts from the boss in the past