jobsites

went on indeed.co.uk today,sometimes a very good site,now i find they are getting as bad as the others,when you go on the site it says what and where so i put in hgv drivers in swindon and click on it,now i get administration jobs, office management,cleaning jobs,and god knows all other types of jobs unrelated to hgv driving,apart from that you cannot get a full time job around my area unless its an agency,they control this whole area now,whatever happened to employers taking on full time,there are times when i think driving is finished in this country

Put in driving & nearly 99% are for agencies.
And after being well & truly royally shafted by one recently i’m staying well clear!
Have a look at the travis perkins/wickes/wolsey sites for driving jobs?

Agencies are like ants - they get in pretty much everywhere and should be squashed. I put all my criteria into the trovit job site - Class 2, 50ml radius, temp/perm etc, etc. Got offered the plum position of a podiatrist in New South Wales, OZ!! Couldn`t make it up, could ya? :confused:

i allways hear bad things about agencies,is there any good ones,a few years ago the agency drivers at our place used to love it and say they were earning good money,but lately they seem to be a scruffy bunch who do a lot of moaning and its still the same agency what they use.

seth 70:
i allways hear bad things about agencies,is there any good ones,a few years ago the agency drivers at our place used to love it and say they were earning good money,but lately they seem to be a scruffy bunch who do a lot of moaning and its still the same agency what they use.

Perhaps the best of them got full time jobs?
Re the op, I’ve noticed that recently, even specifying “HGV Class 2 driving jobs Oxfordshire”
plus selecting “last 24hours” etc, you still get random ■■■■■■■■ as described in previous posts. Also, the big builders merchants are always advertising, now that tells you something.

Muckaway:

seth 70:

Re the op, I’ve noticed that recently, even specifying “HGV Class 2 driving jobs Oxfordshire”
plus selecting “last 24hours” etc, you still get random ■■■■■■■■ as described in previous posts. Also, the big builders merchants are always advertising, now that tells you something.

Travis & Perkins always seem to be after drivers around here. Maybe they should try paying a rate competive with C+E rate instead of expecting C-E drivers to go out and get a HIAB, then get a paycut when all the work they’ll get from now on via agency is £8.50ph brick deliveries…

skypilot:
Put in driving & nearly 99% are for agencies.
And after being well & truly royally shafted by one recently i’m staying well clear!
Have a look at the travis perkins/wickes/wolsey sites for driving jobs?

will do, thanks

■■■■■■■:
Agencies are like ants - they get in pretty much everywhere and should be squashed. I put all my criteria into the trovit job site - Class 2, 50ml radius, temp/perm etc, etc. Got offered the plum position of a podiatrist in New South Wales, OZ!! Couldn`t make it up, could ya? :confused:

sounds about right,and if you fire off an e mail via their contact us,they get back to you and ask you to tell them specifically what you mean

Muckaway:

seth 70:

so true

I’ve come round to the view that the second biggest problem with agencies is blokes who have neither the wit nor the back bone to deal with them.

Why not try the Job Centres much heralded Universal Job Search website, totally swamped with agency jobs, ring the agencies and most of the jobs dont exist, also outdated jobs and the odd job slipped in from Timbuktu…typical government funded farce!

robbo99:
Why not try the Job Centres much heralded Universal Job Search website, totally swamped with agency jobs, ring the agencies and most of the jobs dont exist, also outdated jobs and the odd job slipped in from Timbuktu…typical government funded farce!

+1 total sh…

robbo99:

To add to that, sign up for “Job Match”; Set the parameters as LGV, and watch you get matched to roles like kitchen porter, bereavement councilor, baker etc etc…

DrivingMissDaisy:
I’ve come round to the view that the second biggest problem with agencies is blokes who have neither the wit nor the back bone to deal with them.

i am an agency driver,have been since early last year but i am trying to find a full time job away from the agencies