jobs

i’ve been shafted at work so looking for new job.i experinced in all west europe and most of east.looking for fridge work primarily but would consider most things.any ideas???i live shrops/welsh border

just getting this back to top

Have you considered G&S at Bellshill?

They usualy run 6 weeks away. If that would be OK, then a little commute wouldn’t be much of a problem would it? :laughing:

mathews
pulleyns
allan knight…they are looking for drivers.

i was thinking about G&S as they run out of culina where i am a lot, but dont know about pay etc, or if they pay in euros etc, so if anyone does let me know…

can you please tell me if the allen knight is the one based in liphook hants thank yyou

Hi alf ! Was talking to a mate of mine from surrey and he had been told that alan knight from liphook were looking for drivers, how are things going down your way workwise? :sunglasses:

thanks for the replies but it’s back to ireland for me when i get back from norway next week :laughing:

Well i’m stumped in my search and not got anywhere in finding work.

So any one anywhere know of anything please let me know. Living in Manchester area but will travel anywhere

spacemonkeypg you have pm :wink:

Hi Steve, r u the steve rogers who worked for h j cutler down in poole. its not going to well here in spain there is no work for anyone at the moment,so im coming back to england at the end of march or before if i can find a job.Alan knights out of liphook they are the company doing european work.

Where do you live scaniaman.
Pentons are always after drivers if your stuck.But its only uk.
I live in south shropshire,And travel to redditch to earn decent money.as all thats around here is peanuts.

Tony b

the peoples republic of welshpool!! i know what ya mean about the money being peanuts.that’s the reason i always end up back in ireland…

tonyb who do you work for in redditch if u dont mind me asking as i work in redditch to

stvme2519:
tonyb who do you work for in redditch if u dont mind me asking as i work in redditch to

Hi

I work for Exel on the Halfords contract at washford.Great job,but the travelling is getting a bit much.When i started there 4 years ago on the agency,it was 4 nights out a week.Now i’m lucky if i get 1.Its a 100 mile round trip so its getting expensive aswell.

I think one of our drivers lives up at rubery.

Tony b

scaniaman:
the peoples republic of welshpool!! i know what ya mean about the money being peanuts.that’s the reason i always end up back in ireland…

scaniaman.

I was talking to a driver the other week from your way.He travels to Newbridge on wye and works for jenkinsons.he said it was good money and he usually gets home once a week aswell.
Ive heard they may be parking some motors up near me.I’d be intrested in that as i would’nt have any travelling time.But jenkinsons pay wages based on the trucks earnings,so i’m not sure if it would be a good move or not.Whereas i’m on salary at halfords and i know what i’m on every week and i dont have to do alot for it.

Tony b

they’re going to be based at craven arms i’ve been told by a mate who works there,he reckons he clearing about £500 a week if your’e out all week and thats if you go steady…

scaniaman:
they’re going to be based at craven arms i’ve been told by a mate who works there,he reckons he clearing about £500 a week if your’e out all week and thats if you go steady…

Ive been talking to their drivers if i see any parked up.Some say the pay is £430-£480 including nights out,thats going hard all week.max hours,booking every minute of poa.one bloke said he did £34k.
Living in Craven arms and alot of their work is up and down the A49,I’d like a night or two at home.But i think they want max driving out of you every day.And wouldnt be to keen if i parked up on 11-12 hours or 8 hours driving. (but that would depend on if they appreciated a 100% reliable driver) and try and be a bit more accomodating,than expect 4 nights out to be the norm.
If i could’nt get home in the week i’d stay where i am.at least i know i’m on £29k for 48hours (easy life) plus £29 a night out (roughly 1-2 a week)
Overall the drivers ive spoke to said its a good job.But ive been spoilt the last few years.No need to speed,easy job,nice and clean and good money.
This week ive only done 44 hours and 2 nights out.Thats £635.
But it costs me£50 to run the car and around 5-7hopurs a week of my time driving it.
I dont really know what to do.it would be nice to park the truck up and walk home in 5minutes.but if you have a bad week on jenkins and only earn £430 for max hours and 4 nights out i’d be right peeved off.

If youve got anymore info off your mate i’d be very grateful

Cheers
tony b

hi tony sorry thats all i know but i’ll try and bump in to him before i go back to work the end of this week and try and find out some more… :smiley:

scaniaman:
hi tony sorry thats all i know but i’ll try and bump in to him before i go back to work the end of this week and try and find out some more… :smiley:

Perhaps it was your mate i was talking to.
he was parked on Reading services a few weeks ago with another driver.It was the night that the coach crashed on the M4 M25 Split.

I’d still be interested if he’s got anymore info though.

Cheers

Tony b