Jobs? We’ve got truck loads!

Am I missing Something? :open_mouth:

thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne … loads.html

Agency and more agency! Very poor journalism, she should be sacked and made to retrain as a truck driver… :laughing:

tiger65:

Yes you are.

This viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78029 :wink:

Coffeeholic:

tiger65:

Yes you are.

This viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78029 :wink:

Whoops. :confused:

Email sent to Jane Hamilton c/o The Sun Newspaper.

In todays edition of The Sun newspaper you report that there is more then 30,000 vacancies for truck drivers.
Where did you receive this information from ?
I myself am a truck driver with fifteen years of experience and a clean licence and in the last three months have only worked a day here and there thus to the fact that there is no jobs available.
In the last three weeks alone i have applied for in excess of twenty jobs advertised and have proof of this and have yet to hear an outcome of my application.
I am also registered with four agency’s whom themselves are finding it very hard to find vacancy’s for there drivers that they have on the book s and of my fellow drivers registered with the same agency’s they too have informed me that they only work a day here and there.

If all these so call jobs that you say are available and there is a desperate shortage of drivers could you please point me in the direction of a company that is actually recruiting not a company that’s advertising as i would be very grateful of the job.

Even the largest trucking company Eddie Stobart has laid off drivers in the last few weeks.

AS in firms offering to train drivers for free would you please forward me the names of them as i know a lot of people that are out of work and would love to be trained to be a truck driver.

I wish to point out to you advertising and jobs actually been available are two different things as there i get lists of jobs available every day one of which consistently comes in tells me royal mail are looking for 20 + drivers but when you call up its a different story and the jobs aren’t actually available at all.

I would be grateful if you could now do a proper review of the transport industry and find out exactly how many positions are available

Heard this on Steve Wright the other day and laughed, but it also irritates me as well hearing this story about a shortage of HGV drivers keep cropping up.

All this speculation does is make more people apply for HGV licenses, more people join for queue for HGV jobs thus increasing competition and ultimately lowering wages in the industry even more. We can just do without it.