Jobs Scunthorpe Area

Hi everybody its looking likely that I maybe moving over that Scunthorpe way in the New Year and I was wondering what the work situation is . Does anybody have any contacts or know of any firms taking on .I have a class 1 but dont mind rigids if it means work.
Any agencies anything and all help and info much appreciated. Thanks for looking. PM me if you like with anyinfo etc.
Paul

If I lived in that area I would try to get a job at DSV in Immingham.

We go in there quite often and I have noticed that the drivers and staff get on and seem happy.

The wages are fair and you have the right tools for the job, ie suitably equipped trailers for the work they do.

Good luck

W

Think there is a few. Try dhl at nisa, clugstons, cemex, bibbys. Or you can head out to Immingham where there should be a few companies.

ADR are in at DHL(i think it was the old Bibby job), Thurs-Sun £132 a shift job & knock.

smiths of scotter, intake transport, porters feeds

Thanks for the info will go knocking on a few doors when I am up there. I see a few Porters Feeds trucks down my way Sleaford does anybody have a rough idea where abouts they are in Scunthorpe.?
Thanks for all your posts so far much appreciated
Paul B

Theres plenty of small companies up here but they seem to take on by word of mouth. Don’t forget theres also B&Q, clugstons (bulk powder and steel), skeltons (portacabins), rainham steel (steel), pd logistics (steel) at scunthorpe, pd hook (chicks) and premier poultry (chickens). Theres also a big steel stockholder near asda whos name I can’t remember. Then theres denby out lincoln way and a few based at goole doing bulk powder and containers and loads and loads of car transports at sandtoft. Then if you go hull way theres a lot of caravan movements, although I can’t remember the name again, see lots of them though, off blue and white mercs usually.

It seems the steel works is on a go slow & winding down so there might be a bit of competition.

I just did my CPC at wix.com/idsltd/ids-ltdcouk who are also an agency and they are looking for drivers for the christmas period, I asked if they could offer any full time work but they weren’t confident they could keep you busy after christmas. Still, atleast they’re honest!

MRCT have a cold store in Scunny if you want fridge work.

Have done a lot of fridge work so would be handy do you know whereabouts they are pls am not that familiar with the place , Thanks for info
Paul B

MRCT have a website, B&Q are not in Scunthorpe anymore, you have no chance at Denby’s dead mans shoes, Immingham transport are a good bet, but not the best payers, Benton Brothers always want drivers at Immingham but are the worst wages in the area but nice shiny trucks for you to polish, stay away from P A Dunwell’s a company run by an highly unpleasent individual.

Thanks for replies so far I used to work for Benton Bros years ago out of Boston Lincs so I have emailes one of the gaffers to try an get a foot in the door in Immingham . Somebody on here will know what their like wages etc attitude towards staff hopefully.
Paul B

BAXTER BOY:
Thanks for the info will go knocking on a few doors when I am up there. I see a few Porters Feeds trucks down my way Sleaford does anybody have a rough idea where abouts they are in Scunthorpe.?
Thanks for all your posts so far much appreciated
Paul B

think porters are at flixborough, just the other side of scunthorpe, the reason youll see plenty around sleaford they have a big mill at navenby.
dont know if selby transport is still on the go in scumthorpe, ran a fleet of bulkers on lime.

Porters used to be at Flixborough but that mill got bought by ABN so everything is run from down at Navenby now. ABN lads all seem happy enough, 48 hour week and no nights out, salaried.

Brashes at Beckingham nr gainsbourgh, might be a job or two in there in new year. It was the job to have but the distrobution is run by Bibbys now and the old school drivers there aint happy, as some are close to retiering id like to bet they will be doing just that sooner rather than later.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I will start banging on doors in the new year. Hope you all have a good xmas thanks lads