Jobs market in yorkshire

Had a browse at direct.gov today and mixed in with all the agency crap are at least 6 decent sized hauliers some that iv hardly ever seen advertise offering full time permanent jobs.
I wonder if this is a return to the days when you could leave on a Friday and start at another firm on the Monday■■?
None of the firms are paying mega bucks but the jobs are there at least.

How are other uk areas looking work wise■■?

I got offered time n a half to cover a shift today. (Friday). He said they were short of drivers. So I did it. I need to train him so he knows if he offers proper money I’ll go in! :smiley:

Forgot to say…that’s in the teesside area.

cheekymonkey:
I got offered time n a half to cover a shift today. (Friday). He said they were short of drivers. So I did it. I need to train him so he knows if he offers proper money I’ll go in! :smiley:

Maybe the green shoots of improvement within the industry? But it won’t be down to you training “him”! It will be because he knows he has no other bugger to do it, and unless he gives an incentive to get the job done, the contract might be at risk. (I assume this was agency)

I’d be interested to see a Trucknet poll, to see if your experience today is becoming more common… just a thought - I don’t have many (not that you would want to hear anyway…)

Don’t kid yourselves it’s just a temporary peak & there’s a very cheap migrant workforce willing to work for peanuts. If companies really wanted drivers they’d recruit them directly & pay a decent wage:!: