jobs in spain

hello there chaps just joined, live in sothern spain (murcia region) been down here for over a year and not having any luck getting on any of the firms down here :frowning: cant seem to get on any of them been to palmera’s,paconsa,capitrans just cant seem to get any joy can speak a little of the lingo and have LHD EX frigo and i do have digi card used to do euro work before i moved out here so i know most of the drills any info would be great :wink:

There are a number of reasons why you arent having any luck, the main one being the worsening economy here. In Andalucia alone in the past year over 75,000 people have become un-employed in the building sector alone. That puts an awful lot of tipper drivers and construction related drivers onto the job market.

Add into the equation a reduction in loads carried of about 6% and you start to realise why - those who have jobs hang onto them and the competition for the rest is fierce. This time of year is also difficult - many of the fridge firms are winding down operations as the growing season here is coming to an end and local produce is being harvested in northern europe. Many drivers in your area will be on 9 or 10 month contracts, they simply go on the dole now until the end of September when the work picks up.

The other problem is driving jobs, particularly national and international arent usually advertised, its usually word of mouth and personal reccomendation.

many thanks for your reply hombre thought there had to be a good reason but still i wont give up if you know of any firms looking any chance you could let me know :laughing: .has the strike kicked in yet down your way ? haven’t seen anything running around here this morning though!!

Unfortunately Im on the hunt too as I was made redundant a few weeks back. I also know of another 3 or 4 Brits also looking.

Personally Im not banking on getting anything much until at least the end of September - weve got the summer holidays coming on and of course the summer heat so everything is really going to wind down now.

As for the strike, Ive not been out but I do know there are lots of mates parked up and others on their way home.

have a drive on the E15, towards Almeria, theres quite a few en route!

Some I have seen
www.transportes-argos.com
transfrimur.net

near my place
www.transportescabrera.com
transportesjas.com/contacto.php

Massive company this
www.grupodisfrimur.com/

There are plenty around the ALBOX area and if you drive further down and come off for Vera, they are a few round there, big companies, cant recall their name. Im out there the end of July so will get the names for you ( hopefully you wont need them!)
others:
carcaba.es/
transportescuellar.com/
guia-almeria.guiaespana.com.es/t … -guia.html

And Murcia must have endless hauliers there, every Fridge ye se has Murcia on it!

Gud luck

cheers routier many thanks for the reply i will try the links :laughing:

Forget the Carcaba link they do not have any trucks of their own they use subbies

maybe worth looking at goin as a subbie!!! :confused:

hi englishman,i live near to orihuela,and im also looking for work.after 8 yrs enjoying life here push is coming to shuv.if i hear of any thing ill let you know.

ok matey will do vicer versa !!! :laughing: were abouts are ya im actually in playaflamenca :sunglasses:

englishtruckerinspain, do you ever go to the chip shop on the corner of calle margaritas and avenida de los almendros in torrevieja,
if you do, tell him steve from ASW says hi next time you’re in there

biggusdickusgb:
englishtruckerinspain, do you ever go to the chip shop on the corner of calle margaritas and avenida de los almendros in torrevieja,
if you do, tell him steve from ASW says hi next time you’re in there

That’s bound to get him banned then :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: nice touch vas :wink: i do know it yes i will do next time i frequent the place

It took me just over 2 years to find a job in spain, you just got to keep on looking and LEARN spanish otherwise you will get nowhere!!

I found my job on www.paginasamarillas.es, get the phone number for the firm and ring them direct.

I do a lot of germany and in quiet periods i work for my govorners son driving artic tippers with the extensive motorway building going on here. :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Where abouts are you in Malaga Delboy? You cant be far from me.

I live near Comares up in the country but im looking for somewhere to rent in Torre del Mar. :sunglasses:

Dont want to rent one in Sedella ,do you ?

Nah, i wanna be down the coast, im sick of being in the middle of nowhere!!! :grimacing:

I lived in iznate for a very short while, but couldnt stand the flies, there were bloody thousands of them. So we moved to Benalmadena. After we had moved I found out where the flies came from, some bloke about 100 metres away from where we had lived apparently kept goats in his front room!

Thats not uncommon!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: