Jobs in South West Scotland

Official rule is that the 75 is a limiter road, unless you get the heads up on the am set or a friendly flash. Just watch out for black beemers, white beemers, black audis, navy audis, marked up volvos or beemers and off course the numerous camera vans.

Thank you snp. Shower of ■■■■■■

ScottishChris:

Endgame:

dieseldog999:

Endgame:
T

Something to bear in mind is the Two Speed Limits which I never knew exisits in Scotland is the difference between England HGV Speed Limits and Scotland HGV Speed Limits!

Single Carriage ways is the Max of 40mph
Dual is the 50mph
Motorways is the 60mph

however I was told in England you can drive Up to 50mph on a Single Carriage way if its marked as National Speed Limit or is 50

You might want check with somebody more qualified than me being a newbie but it was just brought up in my Pratical Driver Training.

Yep in England the speed limit was increased to 50 on single carriageway unless marked otherwise
Duel is same as motorway now

In Scotland the rules have not changed
Single is 40 mph
Duel is 50 mph
Motorway is 60 mph

mick.mh2racing:
No its still 40 miles an hour so if you plan on sticking to the speed limits mate expect half of south west Scotland to be behind you tooting and hollering.

blinking flip…even if someones sitting at 56 most of the boat traffic will be behind you tooting and hollering etc.the donegal mafi waits for nothing.,though you shuld be safe enough till the 1st one gets past you,fter thateveryone else will be overtaking you on instructions of the pack leader who was the lunatic that got past you 1st…when he thinks its ok for the next dude to go for it,he will holler on the cb,then the next jockey will go for it,blind bends r otherwise…all good fun,though if your not flat to the mat,pull in for 5 mins coming off the boat and let the flyers shake the bushes for you.act like a road commander fanny,and someone will take your mirrors off.

Worst thing on the 75 is meeting a full string of flying fridges heading south as you go past auchenlairie at 3 am.

It isn’t called fast and scary for nothing.

always TP niven,got friends there an recon it will do them to retirement…what about HC at twynholm ish. seems its a job that works your hrs ,new motor though(not for me though as I have a long memory an what happened to a lot o good folk when the ^^^^hit the fan yrs ago).
DD999 spot on about busy fools .richardsons worth a go.

HAYTON COULTHARD is the place you want. they have drivers based all over the country. have trucks working out of Ecclefechan, Auchinleck, Lesmahagow, Kilsyth, Bathgate, good tackle, day shift, night shift, tramping, 4on 4off, casual. general fleet, walking floors, fridges and some flats wages are not bad but plenty nights out and overtime possible. TEL…01557 860508/ 860503…always require drivers

If Coulthard are so good why did an ex stobart driver reapply to Stobarts last month?

sinclair89:
I lived up there for 6 months, near killed me. Couldn’t wait to get back to liverpool

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: … YOU CANT BE SERIOUS :question: :slight_smile:

raymundo:

sinclair89:
I lived up there for 6 months, near killed me. Couldn’t wait to get back to liverpool

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: … YOU CANT BE SERIOUS :question: :slight_smile:

Yup! City boy not a country bumpkin

Did your shell suit look out of place?

If Coulthard are so good why did an ex stobart driver reapply to Stobarts last month?

I’m NOT saying Coulthard are the best around, but they are certainly not the worst either. the OP asked for available work in the area and I happen to know they are currently looking for a few drivers. the wages are equal to most around the area and the work isn’t a hardship, if one man left to go back to a former employer does that automatically mean Coulthards are crap to work for ■■? I think not,…I do some subbie work for them every now and again and I know if you work away and just get on with it most of their drivers make themselves a nice earner at the end of every week

Each to their own

I’ve checked out the coulthard place, doesn’t look too bad. Have emailed them and might bob in at some point next week seen as though we’re going up this weekend. Hope to be moved up there by mid October.

Thanks for all the suggestions fellas.

Alright again fellas

I did a bit of night trunking for mcburney, but it wasn’t for me. I was more of a short distance truck sitter than a driver. Drove for about 2 hours per shift and the rest of the time was spent loading/unloading.

Anyway, has anybody dealt with Stobarts in Carlisle or Lockerbie? (Do they even have a depot in Lockerbie?) Bluestone logistics rang me today saying they needed drivers for stobarts in Carlisle (tramping) but I’d rather not go through agencies.

Using the Stobart site for jobs is a painful experience.

Best thing to do with stobarts is find the number for the office and bell them.

I actually woke up to a response from Stobarts asking me to re-submit my details and then call their recruitment number tomorrow. Happy days.