Jobs in North Yorkshire

Good afternoon everybody, first post!

We’re seriously considering moving to the N Yorkshire area, in a bid to escape from London (it’s okay, Mrs Drempels is from there and speaks the lingo :smiley: ).

I’m just looking for up-to-date info on jobs, firms, money, conditions etc.

One firm that stands out in the bit of research I’ve done is Prestons of Potto. They seem nice and have a very respectable fleet.

Have lots of experience and held licence for over 20 years.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Any particular area? North Yorkshire is a large county…

Plenty of work about in north yorks, dont work there myself but pass through often enough and do a few deliveries in that area. Prestons have some decent kit and do a lot of flat bed work from what I have seen of them. Metcalfe farms are up at Leyburn on the low loaders hauling a lot of army kit and abnormal loads, ok money and again decent kit.

Lots of tipper firms in north yorks too if thats your thing.

Just be ready for the cash drop compared to London, but cost of living is less.

If you get really desperate there is reed bordall boroughbridge way but a quick search on the forum will tell you all you need to know about them, but worst case it would be a start, until you find something better.

Good luck

Yes definitely be prepared for the wage decrease, but a lot of North Yorkshire is a stunning area to live. Very nice part of the country. And as previous poster said, there’s lots of tipper firms particularly if you look more over to the dales side of the county.

Thanks chaps :slight_smile: Sorry, thinking of Northallerton area.

I can handle a cash drop, just want quality of life for family.

Reed Boardall instantly spring to mind.

Northallerton is nice, I’ve a couple of old army buddies who live there, your not too far from the towns and five minutes from the country side and less than an hour from the coast

paul1181:
Northallerton is nice, I’ve a couple of old army buddies who live there, your not too far from the towns and five minutes from the country side and less than an hour from the coast

It’s lovely, been there a few times, and even had tea in Betty’s! :smiley:

keep calm[506].jpgGood luck Drempels and i mean that in a nice way :slight_smile: I grew up in Bramham but back then it was the West Riding, i left a long time ago but it was a great place to grow up in. Used to be a lot of haulage firms around Leeds and York.

remy:
0Good luck Drempels and i mean that in a nice way :slight_smile: I grew up in Bramham but back then it was the West Riding, i left a long time ago but it was a great place to grow up in. Used to be a lot of haulage firms around Leeds and York.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I’ve learned what sneck means and that a ginnel and a snicket are the same thing (I think)…

J +J ward from Leaming bar do bulk work, drivers I have met don’t moan much… All been good lads to be honest

Northallerton is a great place to be for haulage , within ten miles in any direction you will find many firms , some good some not so.
Best of luck and let us know how you get on , as for Yorkshire accents there are loads of different ones.
South Yorkshire and North Yorkshire are different LANGUAGES !! not just accents but I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it .
Jim

Conor:
Reed Boardall instantly spring to mind.

Yes, indeed they do and my mind says to the op…look youve got 20 years experience youre not a newbie straight from the army and I can tell by your language youre not stupid. So forget Reed Bordall. For tramping Prestons are a great bunch to work for, if you dont want flats/steel tell them and they`ll give you curtains. Steels best though! They might set you on on days but not sure on that. Plenty of options around Northallerton without sinking down to Reed Borbleedingdall.
Good luck mate.

I live in Ryedale and I’ve had some OK jobs. Thing is you usually have to travel. I worked the last 5 years at Warcups in Driffield. A 25 mile drive, but I only did it once a week. A bit further from Northallerton, you’re much nearer Teesside there. Reed Boardell, don’t go there…■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Ward Bros Teeeside or Malton maybe.

There’s Aldi in Darlington if that’s your thing, Argos too next door.

Thank you so much, to everybody who replied. All in all, looks positive! :slight_smile:

Newcold (Wakefield) pull the ice cream out of R&R at Leeming Bar; they may have drivers based in there?

yes as sed forget reed bordell at all costs theres revis at tockwith they seema good firm they may put you through your adr if you want it they have realy good kit volvo newish trucks fridge and microwave in everytruck dont knowwhat thewageis like dont think its to bad they do a lot of fert to farms you get about a bit