Jobs in Norfolk

Hi all , have just had a driving assessment for Jack Richards and am waiting to hear back but in the meantime keeping my options open have been looking at haulage companies in Norfolk and there are Foulgers and Bartrums but who else could I be looking at .
Just to add I’m a newbie only passed my test Feb this year so minimal experience but would be interested to hear what to expect re pay conditions etc and the ins and outs of tramping or day /night work as just want to get behind the wheel as where I am now is a small company with me in the warehouse as cover for the regular night driver getting out once a fortnight in the artic , they only have the one all the other vehicles are class c .
Any feedback would be much appreciated as being new I’m clueless as what to expect (not clueless as a whole :smiley: ) .

Gillberry:
Hi all , have just had a driving assessment for Jack Richards and am waiting to hear back but in the meantime keeping my options open have been looking at haulage companies in Norfolk and there are Foulgers and Bartrums but who else could I be looking at .
Just to add I’m a newbie only passed my test Feb this year so minimal experience but would be interested to hear what to expect re pay conditions etc and the ins and outs of tramping or day /night work as just want to get behind the wheel as where I am now is a small company with me in the warehouse as cover for the regular night driver getting out once a fortnight in the artic , they only have the one all the other vehicles are class c .
Any feedback would be much appreciated as being new I’m clueless as what to expect (not clueless as a whole :smiley: ) .

There might be a vacancy carrying turkeys for Bernard, :laughing: See another post…?

simon1958:
There might be a vacancy carrying turkeys for Bernard, :laughing: See another post…?

That wouldn’t be the lorry that turned over causing chaos in Norwich yesterday :smiley:

Gillberry:

simon1958:

That wouldn’t be the lorry that turned over causing chaos in Norwich yesterday :smiley:

:smiley:

To be honest if you’re looking for HGV driving jobs in Norfolk, then your best bet would be to take a drive on a Sunday past farms and industrial areas. Loads of small haulage companies and slightly larger haulage companies knocking around, there are at least 3 on the industrial area I live next to.

I have a mate at Bartrums…They have day/night or tramping on General.Or Bulk work…They do alot of builders merchants with celotex stuff out of Hadley…And rdc work too…And thats all over the UK…Wages are £8 an hour for the 1st 8hrs…Then £11 an hour after.They deduct your break from your wages.Not sure of the night out money.Think its £21 a night though.Sat/sun work is £14/15 an hour i think…And only pay £10 toward parking…Although they do have Snap account…Think they pay the full parking if you have valuable loads on…Ie beer or wine that sort of stuff.Mainly Mercs on the fleet.Mixture of older small cabbed motors.To streamline Mp4s…Hope that helps…

Thanks for the replies so far all useful .

Keuhne & Nagel run kettle crisps out of snetterton, just across the road from Foulger. Might be worth having a chat with a guy there who goes by the name of “skippy”. (forget the other blokes name). Always loads of drivers in and out of the Richard Johnston site there who might be able to give you some pointers. Also, have you sounded Medlers out? Around Thetford theres dhl on Fisons way and Burrell Way (the latter do Boots and TK Maxx contracts. Star transports another, but i dont suppose any of em are particularly enthralling!