Jobs in East Anglia

Hi folks, ex Carters driver, been off the road for ten years, but due to circumstances beyond my control I find myself out of work. So looking to go back on the road, been out of the game and lost a lot of contacts. Can anyone recommend any firms around Lowestoft/ Gt Yarmouth area or within commuting distance. I’ve seen some rough old trucks on the road and not really looking for one of them, happy to tramp / Trunk /days? Any Starling drivers on here can give me some info on what they are like to work for? Thanks!

Hi.Your going to need your cpc card before you do any commercial driving…Not sure if your aware of that

Gunz:
Hi folks, ex Carters driver, happy to tramp / !

As you are an Ex Carters driver, and you are willing to tramp, get yourself down to Felixstowe, and get back on boxes. Oh I am assuming that you lIve in the Gt Yarmouth/Lowestoft area.

I live in Cromer, I find it far more lucrative to travel, spent 5 years commuting to Felixstowe, now commuting to Peterborough. It just makes sense as a Tramper :wink: :wink:

I know Kembals are putting more trucks on the road, and Searon are advertising for drivers, amongst others :wink:

Thanks. Yes I do have my cpc, one of them things I paid for so that I could always fall back on the driving if I needed it! Bit like now!! What’s the average wage on the boxes these days? At least on the boxes you seam to always have good trucks. Is this still the case? Sorry for all the questions! :blush:

That’s ok then…See you’ve been out of it a while…So were’nt sure if you had it or not…Can’t help you with the wages on Boxes…As never done them…I do live in suffolk though…But i actually work from Essex…Tramping so the 2hour drive is’nt a problem twice a week…Not many firms around Lowestoft/Yarmouth way nowadays though…Obviousely you hage Mathews & mdf on the Harfreys Estate…Again no idea of the wage though…Good luck anway…

Thetford are recruiting… Check out Jeyes (DHL contract), TNT, Brakes, and everyone else on the industrial estate whilst you’re at it…

Spandlers at gt Yarmouth, £29,265 is basic 60hrs some will get to around £36,000 on P60 including o time and nights out.

Ron jevis:
Spandlers at gt Yarmouth, £29,265 is basic 60hrs some will get to around £36,000 on P60 including o time and nights out.

That’s a good wage for the area, but aren’t they a hard firm to get into :question: just 1 thing, night out money don’t show on the P60, as its tax exempt, so should be in excess of the £36,000 :wink:

Firm is expanding so looking for good quality drivers, hence above average wage for the area

Ron jevis:
Firm is expanding so looking for good quality drivers, hence above average wage for the area

Looks like the OP could be knocking on the door at just the right time then :smiley:

Sound good! Has anyone ever used “Indeed.com” to apply for jobs? I’ve sent a few applications so far, all crying out for drivers!apparantly. But not heard anything back. :frowning:

Gunz:
Sound good! Has anyone ever used “Indeed.com” to apply for jobs? I’ve sent a few applications so far, all crying out for drivers!apparantly. But not heard anything back. :frowning:

I wouldn’t use those sites there 100s applicants per job especially if it pays well.
Google haulage companies in you area and smash cv out to them all.
You get lot more luck doing it that way well I seem to do well at it.

Themoocher:

Gunz:

I wouldn’t use those sites there 100s applicants per job especially if it pays well.
Google haulage companies in you area and smash cv out to them all.
You get lot more luck doing it that way well I seem to do well at it.

^ Got to agree ^, and drop them CV’s in by hand if you can, haulage is often about being the right face at the right time :smiley: