Jobs for new passes

Hi,Passed my class 1 one today and was wondering if anyone here could advise on companies willing to set on new passes.

where are you? I can only advise you about the east midlands, if that helps.

Hiya mate,welcome. I need someone to polish my helmet. Interested■■?

willers90:
Hi,Passed my class 1 one today

Hi thanks for the fireworks its been a tough week but i got there in the end. Im in the yorkshire area and would like to do some tramping work,ive worked for agencies for a couple of years and had class 2 since 2012 and im 24. just wondering if any one knows any good companies doors to knock on.

Transline have a contract with Asda at Normanton, they had a new starter package on offer a Cple of weeks ago aimed at newly qualified drivers, not sure what the pay was.

You could try Reed Boardall at Borobridge. Tramping on fridges, all modern kit and they are known to be newbie friendly.

The downside is you don’t get your own waggon but are cab hopping every week. Still if it gets you experience

any experience will do,you cant say you dont like it until you’ve tried it. I do know that multi dropping isnt my prefered choice,but still not fussed by it. Does anyone know what mallinsons is like?

willers90:
any experience will do,you cant say you dont like it until you’ve tried it. I do know that multi dropping isnt my prefered choice,but still not fussed by it. Does anyone know what mallinsons is like?

Not sure what they are like regarding new passes, but they have a sign up at moment outside yard advertising for drivers. Last company I worked for subbed for them now and again. I found work ok and easy enough.

‘Stevebarnsleytrucker’ work for them

Yorkshire is a big place lol. If you are near Rotherham Pawsons are looking for trampers and set new starters like me. If your Barnsley side Ken Mallinsons are looking for trampers and also will set new passes on as i had offers from them too. Also Seymour Transport in Barnsley too.

Bapp at Darton have an advert up for a night driver too

Hey Up,

Try Poundworld at Normanton, they sometimes take new peeps on.

kev909_2000:
Hey Up,

Yeah and they leave the following week, AVOID.

If you want tramping even as a newbie you should get a start pretty quick as they are crying out for trampers everywhere. Do not go agency is my advice and look up haulage firms in your area. Give them all a ring and ask politely for advice, you will find out within an hour where your job is :smiley:

alder:

kev909_2000:
Hey Up,

If you want tramping even as a newbie you should get a start pretty quick as they are crying out for trampers everywhere. Do not go agency is my advice and look up haulage firms in your area. Give them all a ring and ask politely for advice, you will find out within an hour where your job is :smiley:

Alder, do you know the best way to lookup local haulage companies? I know you can look to see who has an operators licence near you, but those results bring back every man and his dog… Obviously there is also the yellow pages, but is there a better way?

Evil8Beezle:

alder:

kev909_2000:
Hey Up,

Alder, do you know the best way to lookup local haulage companies? I know you can look to see who has an operators licence near you, but those results bring back every man and his dog… Obviously there is also the yellow pages, but is there a better way?

Yes google maps. Go onto google and zoom in on your area and in the search box type in haulage or logistics and try both and the map lights up with red markers. You get a list at the side telling you what companies they are and hover the mouse over and you get al the details. Really fast and effective :smiley:

Thanks, didn’t even thing of doing that! And I consider myself IT literate… :unamused:

Evil8Beezle:
Thanks, didn’t even thing of doing that! And I consider myself IT literate… :unamused:

You are welcome mate :wink: