Jobs for Driving in Europe - ideally France

If you go to Eire and work, after 5 years you can get residency and then get an Irish passport which gives you back what Stupid Brexit took.

OwenMoney:
If you go to Eire and work, after 5 years you can get residency and then get an Irish passport which gives you back what Stupid Brexit took.

Once-upon-a-time-a-time: driving Irish fridges for 5 years would have been a life time sentence. Kill anyone!
I`m sure they are all very relaxed to-day.

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Once-upon-a-time-a-time: driving Irish fridges for 5 years would have been a life time sentence. Kill anyone!

It would take the thread off track, so just briefly to say that certain UK fridge firms, and clothing carriers gained a well deserved reputation for ’ pushing on ’ and i am certainly glad those day’s are gone.

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Only the feeble

OwenMoney:

So you disagree with Brexit?? :open_mouth:
Honestly,.we never knew,…you never mention it.

OwenMoney:

Paradoxically, before the 2004 and 2007 eu expansions which brought in untold numbers of trucks operating with post-Communist economics, there was plenty of continental work for UK hauliers and drivers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

OwenMoney:

Paradoxically, before the 2004 and 2007 eu expansions which brought in untold numbers of trucks operating with post-Communist economics, there was plenty of continental work for UK hauliers and drivers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah! If only we could go back to “the good ole days” when half of Europe was under the Soviet Red Star.

robroy:

OwenMoney:

In January you recommended that someone should phone Dutch companies for work.
Maybe you too are living in the past when (pre-Brexit) such things were realistic.
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … ch#p286422

Ahhh Frangers…Nice to see you are STILL following me and hanging on to my every word :sunglasses: :wink: …I can hardly recall what I posted myself weeks ago, but thanks for reminding me. :smiley:

Ok…it’s took me all of 2 minutes to find 3 jobs with a Dutch outfit,.granted they are maybe UK based branches, but it’s a start.
It would be a gateway into that firm to eventually go.tramping, it’s maybe mainly UK deliveries, but he would get a taste for Euro when he went to load over there (Genemuiden NL) for his return load to UK.

Furthermore if I was looking intently and interested in further proving my point (which I aint) I know 2 Dutch lads (drivers) old contacts personally , who I could get back in touch with.
I’m fairly certain they could maybe fix me up (with something I don’t really want at this present time,) and then my Mrs has a relation who has many contacts in the Dutch transport sector.

So maybe I ain’t living in the past after all eh?..unlike yourself lamenting and pining for ‘‘The good old days of the EU’’. :unamused: :laughing:

OwenMoney:
which gives you back what Stupid Brexit took.

Yawn, not this again. :unamused:

OwenMoney:

That is what i said - which you choose not to quote completely - The point for the lad looking for a job, he can go and become resident in Eire, and after 5 years get nationality, get a passport and regain the freedom of movement we are now denied.

OwenMoney:

OwenMoney:
which gives you back what Stupid Brexit took.

That is what i said - which you choose not to quote completely - The point for the lad looking for a job, he can go and become resident in Eire, and after 5 years get nationality, get a passport and regain the freedom of movement we are now denied.

The part I quoted was relevant to my point so I’ll just quote it again!

OwenMoney:

OwenMoney:

Ironically Brexit actually gave us the ability to enforce quotas that at least 50% of all international freight journeys to/from UK have to go on a Brit registered truck driven by a Brit national not east euro immigrant worker.Also quotas on cabotage on a basis of one for one.
No surprise the party that took us into the scam was never going to take us out.

Franglais:

robroy:

OwenMoney:

In January you recommended that someone should phone Dutch companies for work.
Maybe you too are living in the past when (pre-Brexit) such things were realistic.
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … ch#p286422

As opposed to the reality of the single transport market.Where even high wage expectation Dutch drivers have predictably been replaced by East Euro drivers if not the whole operation based in Eastern Europe.

Harry Monk:

OwenMoney:

If that was the case the local work sector wouldn’t have kept or even found many drivers because they all would have been running around Europe.
The years when permits applied were relatively better but UK share was still a joke with the typically dodgy Euros applying Permit quotas to transit journeys.
Together with a road transport hating domestic government that preferred it to go on a foreign truck than a Brit one.

Carryfast:
If that was the case the local work sector wouldn’t have kept or even found many drivers because they all would have been running around Europe.

Well, not really because not everybody wanted to do continental work. Some people just prefer to do day work, or maybe one or two nights out per week, But there was certainly enough continental work available for any British haulier or driver who wanted to do it.

Carryfast:

Harry Monk:

OwenMoney:

The years when permits applied were relatively better but UK share was still a joke with the typically dodgy Euros applying Permit quotas to transit journeys.
Together with a road transport hating domestic government that preferred it to go on a foreign truck than a Brit one.

The Carryfast reality distortion field in full effect again.

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:

Well, not really because not everybody wanted to do continental work. Some people just prefer to do day work, or maybe one or two nights out per week, But there was certainly enough continental work available for any British haulier or driver who wanted to do it.

Except Carryfast because his face didn’t fit and there was a UK wide agenda against him to stop him doing this sort of work. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

robroy:
Ahhh Frangers…Nice to see you are STILL following me and hanging on to my every word :sunglasses: :wink: …I can hardly recall what I posted myself weeks ago, but thanks for reminding me. :smiley:

Ok…it’s took me all of 2 minutes to find 3 jobs with a Dutch outfit,.granted they are maybe UK based branches, but it’s a start.
It would be a gateway into that firm to eventually go.tramping, it’s maybe mainly UK deliveries, but he would get a taste for Euro when he went to load over there (Genemuiden NL) for his return load to UK.

Furthermore if I was looking intently and interested in further proving my point (which I aint) I know 2 Dutch lads (drivers) old contacts personally , who I could get back in touch with.
I’m fairly certain they could maybe fix me up (with something I don’t really want at this present time,) and then my Mrs has a relation who has many contacts in the Dutch transport sector.

So maybe I ain’t living in the past after all eh?..unlike yourself lamenting and pining for ‘‘The good old days of the EU’’. :unamused: :laughing:

Dutch companies used to advertise for drivers (Dutch or Foreign) to drive permanently or mostly, to the UK from the Nederlands. Mainly because the UK is a very unpopular destination for Euro drivers…
Since the full impact of Brexit has become a reality, a number of the Dutch companies who do a lot of work here, have opened up local subsidiary depots, and are now employing drivers in the UK, on UK contracts, with UK terms and conditions.

To be honest, last time I looked, working for a Dutch outfit has very little benefits now. Also, if you have a look around the Dutch trucking forums (fora?), there are a shocking number of cowboy outfits, who run bend, break all manner of environmental and trading laws, and who wont lose any sleep over not paying you, and there is very little the Dutch government cares about it either.

The glory days of the 80’s and 90’s are past.