Jobs Dead

I’m just waiting on sorting out my paperwork I still like driving but the ■■■■ over here that goes with it ruins the job.between vosa running costs rates and the attitude of places you go to it makes it unbearable.

Boxes dead again on monday x-Fxt, in the spot mkt. Thank ■■■■ i’ve got another batch of stone and a couple of merchant jobs booked!

Also got a part load for burntisland 10tn, taut or flat if anyone has owt to go with it, pm me. :wink:

The bulk job is very quiet at the moment around here. This time last year I was run off my feet but the warm winter is doing me no favours as it has negatively affected two jobs which this time last year I was doing lots of. Firstly little road salt is being shifted and secondly the warm weather means I’m getting next to no work off a local animal feed mill who I do stuff for when they’re too busy for their own two wagons to cope. To cap that off a large bioethanol refinery on Teesside that this time last year was providing me with loads of work has been shut down now since June and shows no signs of reopening.

That said this coming week is actually looking quite busy which is sodding typical as I have my trailer booked in for test on Friday. I knew as soon as I committed to a date for that loads of work would suddenly turn up…

Paul

Paul - have you ever thought of running solely for one customer? I know round us there is Sykes, Horsleys, Lodges etc who run permanent subbies and this is the route I wemt down. Ok so they take a percentage of what your wagon earns but they seem to have regular work that will keep you busy 95% of the time.

repton:
The bulk job is very quiet at the moment around here. This time last year I was run off my feet but the warm winter is doing me no favours as it has negatively affected two jobs which this time last year I was doing lots of. Firstly little road salt is being shifted and secondly the warm weather means I’m getting next to no work off a local animal feed mill who I do stuff for when they’re too busy for their own two wagons to cope. To cap that off a large bioethanol refinery on Teesside that this time last year was providing me with loads of work has been shut down now since June and shows no signs of reopening.

That said this coming week is actually looking quite busy which is sodding typical as I have my trailer booked in for test on Friday. I knew as soon as I committed to a date for that loads of work would suddenly turn up…

Paul

Can you not borrow one from somebody, normaly some spare in the haulage yards around here.

xfmatt:
Paul - have you ever thought of running solely for one customer? I know round us there is Sykes, Horsleys, Lodges etc who run permanent subbies and this is the route I wemt down. Ok so they take a percentage of what your wagon earns but they seem to have regular work that will keep you busy 95% of the time.

I have considered it but have thought from day one that it isn’t really for me. I know it increases the chances of keeping busy all year round but I remain convinced that the best way (for me at least) long term is to build relationships up with several customers and then combine the work from them all to make decent runs up. It just takes time to put it all together.

Paul

the job on astrans is a bit quite at the moment its giving us time to fit gun turrets on our lorries for syria john if your at a loose end put your passport in 2 weeks for visas and take one down for me iv brought the ex formula 1 actros and a 144 topline of an o d from newark both gota go call me if you fancy its only 2 weeks. come with me.
only thing i dont know how the americans would view all the arabic visas. you know the shillings is ok

keith the thief:
the job on astrans is a bit quite at the moment its giving us time to fit gun turrets on our lorries for syria john if your at a loose end put your passport in 2 weeks for visas and take one down for me iv brought the ex formula 1 actros and a 144 topline of an o d from newark both gota go call me if you fancy its only 2 weeks. come with me.
only thing i dont know how the americans would view all the arabic visas. you know the shillings is ok

Sounds like a plan I’ll speak with yee tomoz…

I knocked it on the head at the end of July after 27 years as an OD …The LEZ made the decision for me to be honest no way was I spending 6 grand on a conversion when I knew I would never earn that money back , then obviously there’s the fuel prices which will only get worse IMO , it all worked out OK , sold the truck within 3 days and went straight on the books with a firm I had subbied for in the past . I’m stress free and don’t give trucks a thought from Friday morning till Sunday night and I don’t miss all that ■■■■■■■ paperwork one bit .
Good luck with whatever you end up doing , if you do pack up it’s not as bad as you think it’s gunna be.

Cheers Blissy, I’ve a couple of things going on most of them look to be far away & I’m waiting for paperwork…

john i can smell a short trip to the mystical east coming your way laddo!

Looking that way Paul, in fact its looking like quite a lot of travel is coming My way on a few continents :open_mouth:

hello flysheet did you sell your motor ? cheers pigpen

pigpen:
hello flysheet did you sell your motor ? cheers pigpen

Yes I did it went yesterday to a friend of a friend pigpen.

I still have the semi though, I thought it was supposed to be in Trucktrader this week but its not!!! Did anyone notice it in last weeks■■? Grey Broshuis with a yellow stripe…

fly sheet:
I still have the semi though,

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If symptoms persist for more than 4 hours … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:

fly sheet:
I still have the semi though,

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If symptoms persist for more than 4 hours … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Still had it all weekend & its mid morning Monday & still it persists :open_mouth:

are you still looking at doing one way trip’s to the middle east? if so why can’t you just tug it down there, and flog it on there?

My lorry has gone Chap & I did’nt have to drive it anywhere…