Jobs at Argos

hiring nearly 2300 drivers plus another 1000 temp drivers

bbc.co.uk/news/business-34460149

Van driving jobs it would seem.

Same day delivery is a brave scheme.

Home delivery was on Radio 4 News this morning

Home delivery it was on Radio 4 News this morning

Customers have the choice of four time slots every day, including up until 22:00 for a flat fee of £3.95.

like to see them cost that it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I hate Argos. They are rude and unfriendly their drivers room is mean. They make you do a driving assessment, then tell you you’ll be randomly searched and their shunters are health and safety fascists. I don’t go there any more.

Eric Rambler:
I hate Argos. They make you do a driving assessment, then tell you you’ll be randomly searched and their shunters are health and safety fascists. I don’t go there any more.

God forbid they should want you to actually prove you can drive a truck…

Conor:

Eric Rambler:
I hate Argos. They make you do a driving assessment, then tell you you’ll be randomly searched and their shunters are health and safety fascists. I don’t go there any more.

God forbid they should want you to actually prove you can drive a truck…

Exactly, what a bunch of ■■■■■■■■

Everything you buy in Argos is cheaper on Amazon, I’ve no shopped in Argos for donkeys years for that very reason. If I want something same day then I’d just go to Argos and get it same day it’s no like amazon where they don’t have stores. Same day makes sense for amazon but no a retailer with hundreds of shops everywhere that have it on shelf.

Has anyone noticed that Argos shops are starting to open inside homebase shops? Wonder what’s going on there.

Wonder who’ll be in charge of this new operation, XPO do the stores and trunks and Dhl do the current home delivery in the little puddle jumpers.

Argos stuff is junk that either gets returned faulty or you just chuck it in the bin after a while. Who buys this stuff? Lots of people, apparently.

merc0447:
Everything you buy in Argos is cheaper on Amazon, I’ve no shopped in Argos for donkeys years for that very reason. If I want something same day then I’d just go to Argos and get it same day it’s no like amazon where they don’t have stores. Same day makes sense for amazon but no a retailer with hundreds of shops everywhere that have it on shelf.

Has anyone noticed that Argos shops are starting to open inside homebase shops? Wonder what’s going on there.

Wonder who’ll be in charge of this new operation, XPO do the stores and trunks and Dhl do the current home delivery in the little puddle jumpers.

Homebase and Argos are owned by Home Retail Group invariably with stores in the same close proximity so it makes sense to combine the stores under one roof.
Same day delivery, would I imagine be purchases made online from and delivered from the shop local to the customer,could possibility in a sprinter type van.

Eric Rambler:
I hate Argos. They are rude and unfriendly their drivers room is mean. They make you do a driving assessment, then tell you you’ll be randomly searched and their shunters are health and safety fascists. I don’t go there any more.

I worked for Argos I became an Assessor when they first introduced assessments,went through all the courses etc.
Take it from me some of the idiots who showed up for an assessment and who claimed to be “EXPERIENCED” after half an hour out on the road it was very often very clear,no Company with an Assessor with any sense would let them near one of their wagons.

merc0447:

Argos must spend an absolute fortune on rents because all their stores need a large square footage, to accommodate the large backroom they need to stock the majority of lines in the catalogue.

I suspect their plan is to close down a lot of these, retaining just some of the larger units to use as hubs and replace the others with smaller ‘collection point’ outlets for online orders, which they can do on the cheap by renting space off other retailers like Homebase, who will be glad of the extra footfall into their stores.

If I was an Argos driver at one of their RDC’s, i’d be getting nervous as I reckon there is going to be a cut back in store delivery operations on the horizon. It’ll just be deckers going to the large hub stores. It’s also going to mean more empty units on the high street.

lolipop:

Eric Rambler:

I worked for Argos I became an Assessor when they first introduced assessments,went through all the courses etc.
Take it from me some of the idiots who showed up for an assessment and who claimed to be “EXPERIENCED” after half an hour out on the road it was very often very clear,no Company with an Assessor with any sense would let them near one of their wagons.

Well they promised me that if I passed the assessment I would get a days work. To be fair I suspect that this might have been the agency misleading me, but I passed and was told that they had no shifts! It’s about an hours drive for me, and could be more at the wrong time of day, so I wasn’t too pleased. I went the next day and spent 2 hours waiting to be given a job in a nasty little room. When I finally got going though I found that the staff at the shops are completely different, friendly and helpful.