Jobcentre website

Job Title LGV C+E TIPPER DRIVER FAI/11969

LocationFAILSWORTH, MANCHESTER.

Hours50 HOURS PER WEEK,MONDAY - FRIDAY, 7.00AM - 5.00PM.

Wage£5.00 PER HOUR DurationPERMANENT

DescriptionApplicants must hold a current, full LGV licence and previous experience driving a cement-mixing lorry. Duties involve driving a LGV/cement mixing lorry in Manchester and the surrounding areas, dropping and receiving loads and all related tasks as required. This vacancy is covered by the Working Time Regulations. For further advice on the Working Time Regulations call ACAS on 0845 7474747 or download ‘Your Guide to the Working Time Regulations’ from the DTI website dti.gov.uk/publications’. Details of this vacancy cannot be obtained by contacting ACAS.

Wanna job■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

yes but not that desperate. my minimum is £7 p/h. any less is an insult :imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: thats scandalous :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

That is a insult for class 1 as I got more than that to drive a van.

How about this one. Not much better!

Job Details - Ref: Night/Aug03
CLass 1 Night Driver Apply
Pay: £6.25 per hour
Period: Temporary
The Company: A large logistics company based on Teesside
Role: The duties are: To take loads to the Midlands and returning to Teeside. Must have experience with curtainsiders. The hours are: 6pm overnite runs

Christ ! Class 1and nights!! Wouldn’t even dream of driving a rigid on days for anywhere near that!

I think those employers are cheeky [zb] and deserve a [zb] slap :laughing:

Whilst I agreee with the sentiment, it needed stars so it went. Lib.

i think those employers are goona have wagons sitting in their yards :laughing:

Would they ask for 2 years experience? For that sort of money I wouldn’t have thought they could turn anyone away but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

I’ve been for jobs in recent weeks where they wouldn’t give you the wages over the 'phone and wonder why you get stroppy and end the interview when you find they offer NMW or close to :unamused:. One of them I submitted an invoice to for fuel and lost time (although I wasn’t workig that day anyway :laughing:). I doubt I’ll get paid, but it made me feel better anyway :laughing:. I’d sooner have a couple of days agency and get something decent :unamused:. At least they were up front about it in that ad and didn’t cost anyone anything :wink:.

Wages 12,220 PER ANNUM + OVERTIME
Hours 39 HRS PER WK, 8.30AM-5.15PM MON-FRI AND 8.30AM-5.30PM FRI
Location EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE SO50

7.5 TONNE LORRY DRIVER
Wages 15,000-16,000 PER ANNUM
Hours 40 PER WEEK, MONDAY TO FRIDAY, DAYS ONLY
Location EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE SO53

HGV CLASS 2 DRIVER
Wages 14,000 PER ANNUM
Hours 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK, MONDAY - FRIDAY, DAYS,EVENINGS,NIGHTS
Location NATIONWIDE SO51

Description
Must be 25+ due to insurance purposes. Must hold a HGV Class 2 licence. Must be of a smart appearance as will be customer facing. Must be able to work as part of a team and be flexible towards working times. A forklift licence is preferred but not essential. Duties will include delivering good across the UK to other depots and other clients premises. Other duties include working within the store area when not driving. Overnight stays, which are usually two nights per week on average. This position may be physically demanding.

Wages 6.75 PER HOUR
Hours 48 HOURS, BETWEEN MONDAY TO FRIDAY, DAYS ONLY + OVERTIME
Location SOUTHAMPTON,WEST END,HANTS SO30

Description
Must hold full relevant driving licence and be good with paperwork. Own transport would be an advantage. Duties will involve the collection of goods and containers from docks and surrounding areas. Overtime rate is 8.00 per hour. Guaranteed wage of 324 per week

this is a class 1 job :open_mouth:

I think we do the Job centre to death to be honest!

We all know they is crap out there! and I agree it is shocking, but advertizing the job advert neither helps us or exposes companies who are clearly taking the mick.

Just my opinion.

it does offer part of an explanation of why there is no young blood coming into the industry. with wages like these, who would consider starting a career as a driver? i searched and found 220 jobs on their site. there is only one that i may consider calling up about. £326+ for night trunking in a rigid

It can take me over a month before i find a job worth looking at though jobcentre plus lol

there is only one that i may consider calling up about. £326+ for night trunking in a rigid

Now that sounds like a nice easy job :sunglasses:

I wish they would update the site more often, I was scanning through the vacancies the other day and on page two found “interviews will be held Dec13th” I took this to be late rather than early :unamused:

This is exactly why im hanging up my class 2 license and starting a plumbing course august. :smiley:

the 1st job sounds a bit strange.
artic driver, tipper. :question:
duties, mixer driver :question:

they obviously want two drivers for the price of half judging by the wages.

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, the best/good paying jobs are never advertised and usually go by word of mouth.

Liberace:
I’ve been for jobs in recent weeks where they wouldn’t give you the wages over the 'phone and wonder why you get stroppy and end the interview when you find they offer NMW or close to :unamused:. One of them I submitted an invoice to for fuel and lost time (although I wasn’t workig that day anyway :laughing:). I doubt I’ll get paid, but it made me feel better anyway :laughing:. I’d sooner have a couple of days agency and get something decent :unamused:. At least they were up front about it in that ad and didn’t cost anyone anything :wink:.

:question: :question: :question:

Why are you looking for permanent work over here when you said only a few months back that you were definitely leaving for New Zealand in February. How come you’re still here ? When are you going ? Have you bought your tickets yet ? Looking forward to reading about your new life over there :slight_smile: .

All firms that advertise these jobs at these prices are doing so knowing that they will only get desparate drivers who cant get anywhere better, & you have to feel sorry for anyone who who applies for them. Also i have been told by a friend who works for the job center that haulage firms who advertise at the lowest pay rates know that not many drivers if any will go for the job, giving the haulage firm the right to say WE cant get UK drivers to work here so WE HAVE to employ a migrant driver who will.