Jobcentre Website?

I like to look at a few jobsites occasionally, just to make sure my job isn’t on there !

Who or what is Agency Central Ltd (Job Warehouse) ? & what are they up to?

They seemed to have sucked up every vacancy that has ever been posted on the web, past & present, & dumped them onto the Jobcentre website.

Waste of time, there aren’t any ‘real’ jobs on the dotGov jobshite, it’s just scummy Agencies with their nonexistent jobs.

Yeah But !

Why are they doing it? How are they making money?

They’re dumping literally 1000’s of ads on the Jobcentre website each day, surely such a massive agency hasn’t risen from nowhere in a matter of months?

I don’t think that this is actually an Agency … I think it is just a website that is “collecting” adverts from other agencies … similar to Indeed or Totaljobs … if you look & click on the “contact” link, you can only apply online thro’ the website … BUT ,I might be wrong :unamused:
Don’t ask me how they are making any money out of … unless they are charging a referal fee to the other agencies ?

Perhaps old adverts are like bad debts - they get sold on for pennies in the hope some mug will actually part with some cash for them, despite the fact that they’ve either not been fillable, or more likely were never actual vacancies in the first place.

Online space has never been cheaper, and it’s cheaper therefore to just “fire and forget” a ‘Job Ad’ without bothering to leave anyone in an office behind to monitor it’s progress, client applications, etc etc.

If the advert lacks an actual geographic address to send a CV to, or geographic phone number on a landline to make enquiries of, then it’s all bullcrap anyway.

Deal with an employer, or don’t deal. Any other third party asking you for personal info are just looking to steal your indentity.
There’s no need to “keep you on file” these days, what with instant access to data when it IS required of you. :frowning:

I can’t answer the question but whole site really is pants now with few real jobs imho I just put in my postcode for Skegness and it was listing jobs all over the place including Coventry ffs
Now whilst in my dreams I could suggest she who must be obeyed finds emploment there I’m not sure that would be in the interests of a full snap box in future :laughing:

The new Jobcentre site is absolute horse ■■■■. You can no longer sort by distance from your postcode and it gives you stuff thats well outside of reasonable driving distances.

I don’t want to start doing 100 miles a day just to get to bloody work…

If nothing else though, this modern jokeshop crap is a good incentive to sign off as quickly as possible!
When signing on, you’re expected to jump through the hoops of actually APPLYING for a set number of these “jobs” per week I believe… :open_mouth:

You can search within a set radius. The option is in the left hand pane as you scroll down…

I’ve done some digging . . . Whatever Agency Central Ltd are doing they seem to be on a good £earner.

companycheck.co.uk/company/03956696

If you click the link to apply online on any of these adverts for non jobs, you seem to ultimately land on a website called CV-library.co.uk, which has an ‘Affiliates’ section.

Reading that ‘Affiliates’ section gives you the impression that they’ll actually pay you £wonga to collate CV’s on their behalf ! CV-library.co.uk is owned by these folk :

companycheck.co.uk/company/04790 … IBRARY-LTD

Who seem to be on an even better £earner.

This has to be worth a bit more digging.

GIxer7502:
You can search within a set radius. The option is in the left hand pane as you scroll down…

Doesn’t work right though, I put in my postcode at Kendal, clicked 10 miles and got a job in Halifax and one in Ormskirk!

Winseer:
If nothing else though, this modern jokeshop crap is a good incentive to sign off as quickly as possible!
When signing on, you’re expected to jump through the hoops of actually APPLYING for a set number of these “jobs” per week I believe… :open_mouth:

I think part of the reason for the change of the website, is that you now have to be “logged in” when applying for many of the jobs … and i think the job centre staff can see what jobs you are applying for … so they can keep track of those claiming benefits … but saying they can’t find a job.
If you are registered … on the section where you can save jobs that you are interested in, there is a bit marked “jobs suggested by your advisor” … presumably meaning what J.C think you should be applying for :question: