job wanted

I realise this is prob a waste of time , but you never know , im an ex class1 driver had licence since 1988 , but and heres the big but i no longer have hgv apart frm 7.5 ton entitlement , it expired in 2008 , so im wondering if any of you haulage bosses in the Suffolk area , im living in Ipswich might have some kind of a job they could give me anything really , i just really want to get back in employment .
I have a full clean licence and would even be happy to make the tea !! or wash trucks down
Regards ricardo

ricardo62:
I realise this is prob a waste of time , but you never know , im an ex class1 driver had licence since 1988 , but and heres the big but i no longer have hgv apart frm 7.5 ton entitlement , it expired in 2008 , so im wondering if any of you haulage bosses in the Suffolk area , im living in Ipswich might have some kind of a job they could give me anything really , i just really want to get back in employment .
I have a full clean licence and would even be happy to make the tea !! or wash trucks down
Regards ricardo

What expired ■■?

Hi Nick my class1 licence did .

ricardo62:
Hi Nick my class1 licence did .

you mean your medical has ?
just retake your medical

Covered before

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32851#p348593

Sorry i guess i didn’t make it clear , yes my medical did , but i have driven hgv since 1988 for various old school hauliers such as EJ PODD, GEOFF MILLER GIPPING TRANSPORT , CHRIS DUNETT , WIX HAULAGE and i really have no real inclination to get back behind the wheel of an artic and tramp up and down the road living in a tin box .
Im hoping to get a van delivery or yard person job where i can be home every night if that makes any sense , and just thought id post on this forum as a long shot …

ricardo62:
Sorry i guess i didn’t make it clear , yes my medical did , but i have driven hgv since 1988 for various old school hauliers such as EJ PODD, GEOFF MILLER GIPPING TRANSPORT , CHRIS DUNETT , WIX HAULAGE and i really have no real inclination to get back behind the wheel of an artic and tramp up and down the road living in a tin box .
Im hoping to get a van delivery or yard person job where i can be home every night if that makes any sense , and just thought id post on this forum as a long shot …

As said just take your medical jobs sorted then. gives you the option then.

Thanks Nick
I really don’t want to drive hgv anymore a qtr of a century is enough for me , like i stated i was just wondering if any bosses might have a yard job going washing trucks down or maybe any small van job going , or any other type of job …

Agency to start with mate

Hi Tom
ive signed up with a few agencys but had nothing from them , the only work they can offer is courier work , and ive tried that in the past and just could not manage to do all the ridiculous number of drops and collections in the time they gave , it might be ok for other guys but I just could not manage it , I don’t drive like lewis Hamilton .
The other thing is im after a full time job and obviously agencys cant guarantee that , I need to know every month I will have enough money to pay my rent and bills ,a fixed income ,that’s why I thought id post on the owners forum , a long shot but you never know .ive had interviews for jobs but I guess im up against a lot of competition ,

In your situation i would get down to Felixtowe and knock on doors of the large container hauliers.
I know you have no class 1 but Goldstar are after drivers and may need a yard man.
Lots of warehouses in the port area.Import and export firms.
Agencies is the correct spelling.
Or place an advert in the Orwell truckstop offering your services.

Thanks Toby for your input , you advice is taken on board , I guess it didn’t hurt to post on here like I said you never know , ive also posted on fbook , again you never know some one might know someone whos looking , it cant do any harm .

I don’t know if Braintree would be too far but if it isn’t then it might be worth dropping into Borassic Park and asking around in there, there might be some sporadic work going, or somebody might know somebody etc…

Harry Braintree is a bit far frm Ipswich to commute back and forth but thanks anyway …

ricardo62:
Harry Braintree is a bit far frm Ipswich to commute back and forth but thanks anyway …

No problem! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got to be honest, I do feel that you are being a bit restrictive in what you are prepared to do if you want a job.

Driver valeter in Bury st edmunds any good ■■?

jobs.northgatecareers.co.uk/ … stid=23606

Im prob going to get shot down in flames but im really looking for a job around the Ipswich area , maybe im wrong but I feel even travelling to b s e frm ips every day with the cost of fuel as it is would be uneconomical , obviously if it was a well paid job then that wld be different , but every day frm bury to ips would after 5 days cost a fair bit in fuel again it all depends on what the wages are ,i have to work out my outgoings ie rent and all the other bills plus fuel costs

If have a look on the Vosa website under applications and decisions pages,it lists all the names of one man band operators to fleets.The addresses are on there too,a quick search on the internet will reveal the phone number of firms on the list.
There may be operators that you never knew they existed and be close in proximity.

Maybe ask around the Sheds at Fxt or Ips. Forklift driver, warehouseman. GMA, Brinor, Karl King, Hemisphere? Get back in the loop and keep your ears open. Everybody knows a man that knows this bloke…