Job vacancies in or around norwich

Hi first time posting does anyone know of any jobs available in or around norwich I have class 1 also adr and hiab
Cheers

First welcome to trucknet, :smiley:

Somebody asked the same question a couple of weeks back so instead of writing it all again, I’ll just put the link to it here.

Freightroute at Thetford may well be looking for a class one ADR night driver. No nights out. Phone number is 01842 762772

Thank you for your replies

Foulgers at Snetterton have got a sign up outside their yard, saying they’re looking for drivers. Personally, I don’t think their equipment is that great, and you’ll probably be doing general one day and pulling a bulkier full of poultry shed ■■■■ the next… But hey, a job’s a job I guess.

You could always try Richard Long in Bestthorpe. He seems to always be looking for drivers.

If I was looking for a job I’d definitely give Jack Richards in Fakenham a call, and Neil Bomford in Harleston (which is technically Suffolk & a long way from Norwich.) I’d also go and see Bartrums, MRCT and FreightForce in Eye.

Good luck!

EastAnglianTrucker:
Foulgers at Snetterton have got a sign up outside their yard, saying they’re looking for drivers. Personally, I don’t think their equipment is that great, and you’ll probably be doing general one day and pulling a bulkier full of poultry shed [zb] the next… But hey, a job’s a job I guess.

You could always try Richard Long in Bestthorpe. He seems to always be looking for drivers.

If I was looking for a job I’d definitely give Jack Richards in Fakenham a call, and Neil Bomford in Harleston (which is technically Suffolk & a long way from Norwich.) I’d also go and see Bartrums, MRCT and FreightForce in Eye.

Good luck!

I wonder why :open_mouth: :unamused:

nick2008:

EastAnglianTrucker:
Foulgers at Snetterton have got a sign up outside their yard, saying they’re looking for drivers. Personally, I don’t think their equipment is that great, and you’ll probably be doing general one day and pulling a bulkier full of poultry shed [zb] the next… But hey, a job’s a job I guess.

Good luck!

I wonder why :open_mouth: :unamused:

There’s plenty of posts on here suggesting possible reasons nick2008… :slight_smile:

EastAnglianTrucker:
Foulgers at Snetterton have got a sign up outside their yard, saying they’re looking for drivers. Personally, I don’t think their equipment is that great

theyre a funny lot, brand new motors on the beet campaign, and the away all week trampers in 55 56 reg nails.

there is a company near wymondam that move digger tractors and stuff on low lowders across Europe and have bulk tippers for local crop (blue motors)
But I cant think of there name at the moment
Arrogant bunch of pigs but you should get a job out of it

I doubt you’ll find yourself doing general one day and agricultural work the next at Foulgers, I’m pretty sure they run separately as with the other parts of their work.

I think a lot of haulier round these parts run stuff on agricultural, don’t Bartrams do a bit and Longs,have some on the sugarbeet campaign.

Another haulier that seems to get forgotten in these parts is Star transport at Thetford.

Chris Riches at Thetford who do trunk runs for TNT were after a driver a while ago if you fancy night trunk work.

Actually in Norwich is Freight Force.

kindle530:
Actually in Norwich is Freight Force.

Oh yeah, you’re right kindle530, but who’s the general freight mob next to MRCT in Eye? Forgot their name for the moment…

Anglia Freight, and they are after a driver
indeed.co.uk/cmp/Anglia-Frei … dcb9a806c2

Robert Arnold in Stanton Suffolk want a driver if ferry trailers is your thing, they run mostly XF 105’s
jobstoday.co.uk/job/hgv-driv … tid=551821

EastAnglianTrucker:

Good luck!

So, Harleston is too far but not Eye. Although Eye is four miles further from Norwich? :confused:

muckles:
I think a lot of haulier round these parts run stuff on agricultural, don’t Bartrams do a bit and Longs,have some on the sugarbeet campaign.

Longs are running beet into Cantley this campaign, may well be going to the others too with different wagons.

Does anyone know what the pay is like at freightroute?

The night driver runs from Thetford to their depots in Irthlingborough x2
or one run to depots in Wigan, Bradford or Cannock.
All pallet work, some ADR and hence why you need an ADR due to the volumes.
Trucks are DAF XFs x2 and one CF pulling double deckers.

Pay for nights is £8 per hour with 40 hours guaranteed plus 5 hours at overtime rate of £10.88 guaranteed. Anything over is at overtime rate minus 45 mins break. Nights also get £60 per week allowance.

Good job with no phone ringing constant, you are very much left to get on with it and sort your problems out. Good bunch of lads at the depots and the Thetford crew are friendly.

How do i know, well i reluctantly left at Xmas to start work for Air Liquide at Wissington. My reason for leaving was to fully use my ADR (tanks) and achieve a better wage.
If you need anymore info, drop me a line.