Job search

It seems there are loads of jobs out there for long haul drivers’ but not many that also offer the golden LMO ’ I haven’t seen any jobs advertised for truck drivers on any of the job banks ’ offering lmo’s either majority of the jobs are looking for experienced drivers already in Canada . The goverment seem
To be actually making it harder to bring drivers in and this in turn will effect the economy’ and also the fact that a large number of younger Canadians don’t want to enter the industry… I’m still waiting for company’s to get back to me for interviews I’ve faxed all the relevant info requested since January ’ I guess I’m at the bottom of the pile in the last 2 days I’ve spoken to bison transport and they won’t be applying for lmo’s anyone know of any other carriers …

Looks like it’s Loblaws or H&R then, maybe try Agritel in Beausejour MB, they did have some AFAIK :wink:

Agritel want you out for 30 days but it is looking like either them or H&r might be bye only remaining option ’

chef sauce:
Agritel want you out for 30 days but it is looking like either them or H&r might be bye only remaining option ’

30 days?!

Just started a driver from there and from what he tells me the big red machine is your best option.

Have you tried Trappers? There’s a few Irish guys on there, on work visas.
Agritel pay ■■■■■ mileage.
Bare in mind, companies with lmos don’t necessarily put that in their job adverts, it’s more to do with the wording of the Ad that’ll tell you if they’re up for that or not.

Keep at it. The right job will come up eventually.

robinhood_1984:

chef sauce:

30 days?!

that’s the length of time they want you out on the road

From what I hear with the amount of time they’re hanging around waiting for loads, the only way to earn a living is to keep at it, if you lose two days on a trip waiting for a load and have two days off at home when you get back and you’ve lost at least a week’s work every month :unamused:

Their latest recruits have come from the dark side of the former Iron Curtain, as those guys are not known for improving pay and conditions when they move to a new country, I think it would be wise to give Agritel a wide berth :wink:

I think companies got to pay for LMOs now don’t help if a guy leaves after a week it’s money down the drain.

Don’t forget over here its a bit more of a laid back attitude and some places will need chasing up a bit