Job Offer

Hi Everyone

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this offer of employment.

£90 for twelve hours 5 days a week plus overtime.

£90 for every 12 hours? or £90 total!! whats the job entail mike? it doesnt sound too bad a wage but some will say otherwise. jon

It is £90 before tax for every 12hours doing 5 days a week before tax

works out at £7.50 an hour and thats every hour for a 60 hour week. are your breaks paid and whats the going rate in your part of the country.

must admit it’s not the best i’ve seen as most companys pay over time after say 40 /45 hours a week

it all depends on what kind off work your doing

jon

Forgot to mention also get 15 days paid holiday and all bank holidays off. It is haauling air freight.

put it simply Mike

What do you think of it?

1.Will it provide enough money for you every week to live and feed and pay all your bills?

2…Are you happy working those hours will it affect your life in drastic ways?

3.Can you find anything better in the area you are in ?

I think that if you can answer
1.Yes
2.Im happy and it wont affect me
3.No it is all about the same or no i cant

Then i would seriously consider it by asking others regarding do they think it is suitable then remember that everyones circumstances are different some may have Huge overdrafts to pay and require more per month or such like so theirs thoughts would be No i wouldnt do it

End of the day it comes down to

Are you willing to do that work for that amount

You’d be looking at taking home £330 ish a week.
Plus O/T? Depends how hard the work is.

£450 a week.
If anything after 40 hours is time n half. then you looking roughly at £6.45 an hour for 40 hours = £258
20 hrs @ time n half £193.5. that comes to £451.50 (told u near enough)

Would I do it. No

But saying that. I’d clean toilets if I had no work and had to pay the bills.
Depends what else is about m8.

Whatever u choose. Good luck.

Im not being funny here, but this question pops up quite a lot, the only person who can answer it is the person who asks it, they are the one who knows whether it will cover the bills etc. one persons good wage is another persons mop + bucket money, just my opinion!

regards
paul

mike which company is it?
air freight isnt overly hard work, i used to work in a cargo warehouse at stansted so know a few of the transport companies and may be able to help :sunglasses:
from what i know most air freight is built on ulds (uniform loading device) or called simply a pallet, about 10ft long and 8ft wide and load on to the trailor via rollers which are raised and lowered by air, also loads can be put in bins but all loaded the same way!!
some loads can be bulk so either hand balled on or out on skids (normal euro or chep pallet)
plenty of sitting around at heathrow, gatwick or stansted as if plane is delayed so is the freight, but be warned heathrow is a nightmare till you get to know it!
if it is menzies there a good company volvo fh and actros, ron smiths volvo fh, theres another company but i cant rember the name for the life of me :blush:
anything more you want to know just ask
chris

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your replies. I of course do realise that no one else can make the decision for me, and that it is only me that knows whether or not the finances are right and that no one else can decide for me.

Hi Caveman

Thanks for your reply. The company is called saints based at heathrow.

that was the other company i couldnt think of :unamused:
they are a good company as well, and run a very mixed fleet with units from all the main players, they look after their kit and their drivers.
imho give it a go, air freight can be interesting especially if you get to go play airside.
let me know what you decide
chris

My one question,only 15 days holiday? :cry:

normal till after the first year, then it will increase :confused:
chris

saints gaffer martin carroll has a column in one of the truck mags(cant remember which one,sorry)

If you consider that after 8hrs you would normally expect to be paid at time and a half, £90 for 12hrs works out at just under £6.43/hr (£6.4285714 to be very precise).

For west London that is simply appalling. There is much, much better to be had and especially around the airport.

Within a mile of the firm you are talking about I know a firm offering £10.50/hr hour and time and a quarter for overtime (after 8hrs).

wouldnt happen to be menzies would it?
chris