Job offer

Hi lads and lasses, just looking for a little info really.

I’ve been offered a position for S W Group Logistics based out of Swindon, has anyone worked for them? Are they a good company to drive for? Or should I steer clear?

I’ll be honest there’s something about it doesn’t feel right to me, but I could just be a little paranoid.

I thank you in advance for your help guys

Chunkzilla:
I’ll be honest there’s something about it doesn’t feel right to me…

Trust your gut.

Contraflow:

Chunkzilla:
I’ll be honest there’s something about it doesn’t feel right to me…

Trust your gut.

I probably will, I just wanted to see whether my gut feeling was unfounded.

Cheers

If it’s “delivering vehicles” - then keep on walking.

Proper jobs in Swindon should pay a decent rate in any case. There’s no need to look for the mickey mouse ones to “make up” the money.

Winseer:
If it’s “delivering vehicles” - then keep on walking.

Proper jobs in Swindon should pay a decent rate in any case. There’s no need to look for the mickey mouse ones to “make up” the money.

It’s class 1 multi drop. Money is okay in my opinion but that’s not everything.

But i don’t think this is the right place for me

Cheers

When you say ok, care to elaborate? When does OT kick in? Nights out? If so do you get night out money and parking money? Annual leave? Sick pay? None of us plan sickness but you don’t know what’s round the corner. Your own unit? These are type of things I question

I reckon you’ll be delivering where mum goes to for frozen food (Iceland) :wink:

I believe they deliver electrical stuff like Hager boards, fuse cabinets etc to merchants, electrical supply shops etc. I think there is some handballing even on class 1 and some kerbside drops.

I worked for them in 1973 when they first started in Station Garage Swindon opposite the Rail station.

They had an ex Southern Electricity Austin LD van, or alternatively a brand new hire Ford Transit Luton from Godfrey Davis, who shared the same site.

Mick Durham was the T.M.at that time. Probably all changed since then!

Chunkzilla:
Hi lads and lasses, just looking for a little info really.

I’ve been offered a position for S W Group Logistics based out of Swindon, has anyone worked for them? Are they a good company to drive for? Or should I steer clear?

I’ll be honest there’s something about it doesn’t feel right to me, but I could just be a little paranoid.

I thank you in advance for your help guys

Any Job is work and any Job has issues.
Wanna Work or dont wanna Work is the Question