Job offer , but

1 . I wanted days / nights but the offer is tramping , but 4 on / 40ff ( did offer 5 on / 2 off but sun - thurs tramping ( worse than I’ve got ) so has anyone gone from 5 days tramping to 4 days , does it feel a lot better , you feel more alive / rested
2 part of the job is Aldi shop deliveries , what would that entail from a subby point of view , not a employed Aldi driver
3 it’s a hour there back , back but obviously only once a week , I get fed up with 15 mins now on a Friday night , does a hour wear thin .
must admit I wanted days , but 4 on / 4 off gives me 4 days off , but then he said you can do 5/6 days , the works there , mmmmm, maybe keep looking

Dignitas are taking on.Think they’ve got a new yard by the pallet gaff on Avonmouth.

halewood:
Dignitas are taking on.Think they’ve got a new yard by the pallet gaff on Avonmouth.

Avonmouth is deffo not an hours drive from Grantham so it’ll not be any good.

Why not take the job, give it a try and if it doesn’t work for you then go back to where you are now or somewhere else. I’d love 4 on 4 off tramping if I could afford it. For me I think it would be a good balance. Still doing decent runs going all over without messing about on local work in and out of the yard all the time, but then 4 days at home. And only commuting once at each end of your week still. But I’ve worked the money out and you do take a big pay cut from 5 days/4 or 5 nights out tramping. Can’t adford that at the moment.

argue.jpg

Old Scuffer:

halewood:

Avonmouth is deffo not an hours drive from Grantham so it’ll not be any good.

But he will only have to drive there once…

Pennies just dropped, been a long day. Lol

I am not sure what your financial needs are but if you can afford it why not try for a job where you are home every night Monday to Friday? If you are away all week you will be wanting to get home on a Friday.

halewood:

Ain’t dignitas the folk that send you on your way in Switzerland

the nodding donkey:

Donkey , you have too much time on your hands to keep finding the links :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Love 'em, keep it up

chester1:

halewood:

Ain’t dignitas the folk that send you on your way in Switzerland

My day clearly not quite as long as yours, Dignitas are indeed from Switzerland and deffo only the one commute!!

Think with ALDI you have to unload yourself.
Heard it is quite easy though as they give you an electric pump up to take with you.
Might want to check on that though don’t want to be pushing a 500kg pallet up any incline with a manual pump up at your age. :grimacing:

I would expect a full weeks wages for 4 days tramping you will be running on the wire max hours ah you have plenty of time for a short one to a shop

pierrot 14:

the nodding donkey:

Donkey , you have too much time on your hands to keep finding the links :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Love 'em, keep it up

It’s a simple formula he uses mate. They are all mine!

Robbing flea ridden [zb] :wink:

Knights of old have got a major contract and the customer has a depot in Grantham and they have vehicles based at the customers premises. I’m surprised you’ve not tried them.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

eagerbeaver:

pierrot 14:

the nodding donkey:

гифки-шимпанзе-обезьяна-живность-2467586.gif

the nodding donkey:

eagerbeaver:

pierrot 14:

the nodding donkey:

Conor’s got hold of that road trip footage we did :open_mouth: Don’t let Maoster drive next time mate, all he kept going on about was his driving score :unamused: :grimacing:

lizard:
Knights of old have got a major contract and the customer has a depot in Grantham and they have vehicles based at the customers premises. I’m surprised you’ve not tried them.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

ta , not heard that , will look into it