Job Market..

just to scania77 is dead right location is everything, i know a few lads who go down to midlands and there crying out for drivers there yet up here its pretty steady. and the 25 years age thing is dead right some will take you as a new driver although half them will want you to be 25. and dont get me started on the 2 years experience what a laugh! some bloke could have passed 6months and drove everyday since, while the bloke who has had his licence 2 year and done jack with it would still get the job over them.
i heard its due to insurance as they insure them for less longer they hold a licence dunno for sure th maybe someone slse on here can answer this?

bigcheese:
just to scania77 is dead right location is everything, i know a few lads who go down to midlands and there crying out for drivers there yet up here its pretty steady. and the 25 years age thing is dead right some will take you as a new driver although half them will want you to be 25. and dont get me started on the 2 years experience what a laugh! some bloke could have passed 6months and drove everyday since, while the bloke who has had his licence 2 year and done jack with it would still get the job over them.
i heard its due to insurance as they insure them for less longer they hold a licence dunno for sure th maybe someone slse on here can answer this?

We took someone on age 21 and the only difference for the insurance was an additional £500.00 on the excess.

yeah sounds about right to me pal i think it dont actually cost more its just that risk IF they did have a crash!
story i heard at my firm from our drivers was that excess is £250 for a driver and goes up to £1000 for anyone who hasnt held a licence 2 years