Job losses at Pentalver's, Felixtowe [Merged]

ipswichstar.co.uk/news/felix … _1_1756996

motionlotion:
http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/felixstowe_lorry_driver_jobs_are_lost_at_logistics_company_1_1756996

It’s says a contract loss though! Shame though for the 15 drivers! :unamused:

Pentalver’s sack their drivers

http://www.felixstowestar.co.uk/news/news/felixstowe_lorry_driver_jobs_are_lost_at_logistics_company_1_1756996

The United Kingdom is on the upward trend according to the prime minister…my arse !

Just to keep the forum tidy, I’ve merged the two topics on this subject.

Goodluck to the drivers at Felixstowe. I hope you find decent work soon.

Is Pentalvers now owned or in partnership with Maersk??..I smell a rat!!.

It appears the containers are being loaded portside onto trains and do not need to be moved by road to the railhead any more. So it’s modal shift, rather than economic decline.

I suspect the road transport of containers is going to come under increasing pressure…govt will subsidise their movement by rail, and fewer containers are being landed here from China etc in any case.

I hope the drivers can find other work soon.

GasGas:
It appears the containers are being loaded portside onto trains and do not need to be moved by road to the railhead any more. So it’s modal shift, rather than economic decline.

I suspect the road transport of containers is going to come under increasing pressure…govt will subsidise their movement by rail, and fewer containers are being landed here from China etc in any case.

Any reason for less landing from china? Not being funny genuinely want to know if there are released facts about it cheers mate!

Taffos!:

GasGas:

Any reason for less landing from china? Not being funny genuinely want to know if there are released facts about it cheers mate!

Ahh just read the train article :blush:

GasGas:

Drivers involved in intermodal work lost their jobs because the rail freight industry doesn’t need them any more on that job.No problem I’m sure the rail freight lot will find other jobs for them elsewhere.

Not much point in them looking for distance work though. :smiling_imp:

No surprise no sympathy here. :imp:

skoowif:

pentalver has been owned by maersk for about 18 years so no smells there i am a southampton driver and did not know about this sad news. good luck lads
regards gazzap

gazzap:

skoowif:

pentalver has been owned by maersk for about 18 years so no smells there i am a southampton driver and did not know about this sad news. good luck lads
regards gazzap

How are those new Mercs? They look quite flash… :smiley:

gazzap:

skoowif:

regards gazzap

so, are you aware, as a Southampton driver, that all drivers have been put on 6 months notice to see if they can turn the loss in to profits, if they can’t, they will all lose their jobs

not sure if it applies to all depots, but, certainly does at Cannock

Taffos!:

gazzap:

skoowif:

regards gazzap

How are those new Mercs? They look quite flash… :smiley:

2ndday what can i say more technolgly to go wrong and finding them a bit noisey basic inside
regards gazzap

shuttlespanker:

gazzap:

skoowif:

regards gazzap

so, are you aware, as a Southampton driver, that all drivers have been put on 6 months notice to see if they can turn the loss in to profits, if they can’t, they will all lose their jobs

all i can say is cannock is run seprate from sou/til/fxs all i know is they are just starting work on the train terminal
ps have you still got your stretched daf i have not seen it for a long time
regards gazzap

gazzap:

shuttlespanker:

gazzap:

skoowif:

regards gazzap

all i can say is cannock is run seprate from sou/til/fxs all i know is they are just starting work on the train terminal
ps have you still got your stretched daf i have not seen it for a long time
regards gazzap

i know that at Cannock, all the drivers were told a few months ago, that if they didn’t start turning the losses in to profits, all the trucks were going, as well as the drivers

when you consider that a driver loaded at the same place as me in Sheffield a couple of weeks ago, he loaded before me, and whilst he was in loading, the driver came out to have a chat with another Pentalver driver, the one loading told the other one that he would arrive at Freightliner Birmingham at 13:15, this driver left Sheffield almost 2 hours before i did, but, i arrived at FL Birmingham nearly 15 minutes before he did, and surprise surprise, he arrived at 13:15 :unamused:

with drivers like that, no wonder the company is making losses all the time

and to answer your question about the DAF, it was stolen nearly 18 months ago :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sorry to hear about the daf bud . yeah we things like that all the time up there
regards gazzap

i worked for bowmur’s for 5 years which was a great place to work until that shower pentalvers took over,we could earn good money and the boss was fair,but soon as pent’s got there foot in the door,it all went pear shape,the drivers got raped in broad day light loosing bonuses and overtime, meal allowance ,and for the management well they was more interested in who’s wife they was going to bone next,(no offence gellis )so every driver lost respect for them,we only got paid for 11 hours a day after they took over but we was doing 12-14 a day ,so all the drivers got shafted big time by pentalvers ,i lasted 6 months then moved on,but soon as that railhead goes in there it will be bye bye drivers, hello subbys all it will be is a railhead and storage,there are to many chiefs and h&s chaps mentioning no names with there head up there arse’s ,so no disrespect to u s-ton lads and my heart goes out to the felix lads ,but pentalvers are just to greedy and dont give a toss about there drivers. :blush:

well it seems that shutlespanker knows all about what goes on at pentalver cannock & yet dont work for the firm■■?
ive worked here a while now & at no point has anyone told me that we have just six months to turn things around! yes i agree that its not the best time in the industry for us but people that spread ■■■■■ like this dont help matters,as for the days work in which he refers to then i would agree there are drivers that take the ■■■■ but dont all companys have these but that dont mean were all the same,
shuttlespanker you should think a little before you go shouting your mouth off about someone else`s work place by just spreading rumurs

jonboy80:
well it seems that shutlespanker knows all about what goes on at pentalver cannock & yet dont work for the firm■■?
ive worked here a while now & at no point has anyone told me that we have just six months to turn things around! yes i agree that its not the best time in the industry for us but people that spread [zb] like this dont help matters,as for the days work in which he refers to then i would agree there are drivers that take the ■■■■ but dont all companys have these but that dont mean were all the same,
shuttlespanker you should think a little before you go shouting your mouth off about someone else`s work place by just spreading rumurs

4 different drivers, based at Pentalver Cannock, told me this about the 6 months to turn it around, so, would hardly call it shouting my mouth off as a rumour