Job Interview tomorrow!

Looks like I might finally get a foot in the door tomorrow, as I have an Interview with a potential employer, doing class 2 Long distance!
I’m terrible at these formal things and absolutely bricking it, but If it all goes ■■■■ up at-least I’ve had some practice right?

Any tips for not completely fluffing it? Good things to mention? Things to ask? Anything you’ve got I could benefit from please let me know!
Hopefully they don’t want immediate start as I’m in the middle of my class 1 but fortunately If I pass first time I’ll be able to start after Tuesday, and maybe when I mention this they’ll see it as an Advantage as they run class 1’s and 2’s, hoping that it benefits me.

Cheers

Unorthodox:
Looks like I might finally get a foot in the door tomorrow, as I have an Interview with a potential employer, doing class 2 Long distance!
I’m terrible at these formal things and absolutely bricking it, but If it all goes ■■■■ up at-least I’ve had some practice right?

Any tips for not completely fluffing it? Good things to mention? Things to ask? Anything you’ve got I could benefit from please let me know!
Hopefully they don’t want immediate start as I’m in the middle of my class 1 but fortunately If I pass first time I’ll be able to start after Tuesday, and maybe when I mention this they’ll see it as an Advantage as they run class 1’s and 2’s, hoping that it benefits me.

Cheers

Can’t offer advice on what to do or ask mate but wish you lots of luck :slight_smile:

Keen and eager to learn!
So ask lots of questions whether you think they are possibly dumb or not. An employer wants an employee (that they know is a Newbie) to show they accept they know very little and are not at all cocky or complacent…

Best of luck! :smiley:

P.S. Try to wash and not wear an egg stained string vest! :wink:

Always ask about stuff you don’t know, as not asking can lead to mistakes, and that will make you look more stupid than if you had asked the question!
20 years in transport and I’m still asking stupid questions!
At the interview, if not discussed, ask exactly what the pay/hours/holiday etc is, they know you are human (even if they treat you like a robot!) and ask what a typical day/week work is like. Have a small interest in how the business got to where it is if mentioned, and maybe even ask why they are looking.
Make it clear that being a newbie, your willing to learn, and show a positive, proactive approach to wanting the job.
I’m sure these will help, but most importantly, relax and take it as it comes.

P.S don’t forget to blow your nose and pick the Bluetooth earpiece out of your ear! (Yes, I’ve had people turn up to interviews wearing these things, with the arrogance to boot!) [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evil8Beezle:
Keen and eager to learn!
So ask lots of questions whether you think they are possibly dumb or not. An employer wants an employee (that they know is a Newbie) to show they accept they know very little and are not at all cocky or complacent…

Best of luck! :smiley:

P.S. Try to wash and not wear an egg stained string vest! :wink:

I’ll try haha!

I have my class 1 training in the morning and they like you to show up in work clothes and boots! So I’m gonna have to wear half posh work clothes as literally no time between training and interview to scratch my arse haha!

String vest does sound comfy though ahaha!!

Smiffys trucking:
Always ask about stuff you don’t know, as not asking can lead to mistakes, and that will make you look more stupid than if you had asked the question!
At the interview, if not discussed, ask exactly what the pay/hours/holiday etc is, they know you are human (even if they treat you like a robot!) and ask what a typical day/week work is like. Have a small interest in how the business got to where it is if mentioned, and maybe even ask why they are looking.
Make it clear that being a newbie, your willing to learn, and show a positive, proactive approach to wanting the job.

P.S don’t forget to blow your nose and pick the Bluetooth earpiece out of your ear! (Yes, I’ve had people turn up to interviews wearing these things, with the arrogance to boot!) [emoji23][emoji23]

Haha fantastic!

Thanks, they where going to be pretty much what I was going to mention anyhow, Good bit of advice and appreciate it, thanks alot!

Unorthodox:

Smiffys trucking:

Haha fantastic!

Thanks, they where going to be pretty much what I was going to mention anyhow, Good bit of advice and appreciate it, thanks alot!

Then it shows you have nothing to worry about!

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll be fine!

Good luck mate.
Just be yourself & say you got the can do attitude & go the extra mile a lot. If your new to it your willing to learn. Just shine them on. Let us know how it goes

I got the job lads! Start next Monday! Happy happy! Thank the lord I didn’t have to go down the Agency route, I’m pretty lucky considering I’m only 21. Can’t wait to get started! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Unorthodox:
I got the job lads! Start next Monday! Happy happy! Thank the lord I didn’t have to go down the Agency route, I’m pretty lucky considering I’m only 21. Can’t wait to get started! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congrats pal! :smiley:

Best of luck and ask lots of questions by playing your Newbie card! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

Unorthodox:

Congrats pal! :smiley:

Best of luck and ask lots of questions by playing your Newbie card! :wink:

Oh I Intend too, but to be fair there giving me a weeks Induction anyways, half drivers mate and half driver, then setting me loose the following Monday. But yeah the question shall be constantly fired haha!

Unorthodox:

Congratulations Unorthodox!
As already said, ask loads of questions, take your time, and learn from the experienced what to do, and what NOT to do!
Most important is to learn how to do things your way. Copying others may be easy for them, but may prove a harder way for you.

Good luck!