Job interview/driving assessment

Hi guys,
I passed my class C last week and I’ve got a interview tomorrow which involves a practical driving assessment. Ive had my Digi tacho Card but not used it yet. My question is, do I need to put my card in during the assessment? I would guess yes as I’m driving on public roads but I don’t want to look like a pleb if I’m wrong and I go to put it in lol. Thanks in advance

I would use the card, as you haven’t used it yet go on youtube and swot up about their operation.

This one looks ok

youtube.com/watch?v=w4-WQR42rpY

Sharkbuoy:
Hi guys,
I passed my class C last week and I’ve got a interview tomorrow which involves a practical driving assessment. Ive had my Digi tacho Card but not used it yet. My question is, do I need to put my card in during the assessment? I would guess yes as I’m driving on public roads but I don’t want to look like a pleb if I’m wrong and I go to put it in lol. Thanks in advance

You will have to use your card, just tell who is with you that you have never used 1 before and they should talk you through it. Don’t put it in the wrong hole either [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

I would use your card for the assessment. If your not working at the moment, you’ve no need to worry about complying with drivers hours.

Good luck

Cheers guys, that’s put my mind at rest. I can concentrate on the interview now. Thanks for the link too. It really helped

Sounds simple but it can catch the unwary out; put your card in BEFORE doing your walk around check! Even if the assessor says “don’t bother with that, I know the vehicle is ok” it’s a trap! Tell him/her “that’s fine thank you but I prefer to satisfy myself that the vehicle is safe and roadworthy before taking it out” . Good luck.

Edit to add; just seen that the assessment was yesterday, how did it go?

the maoster:
Sounds simple but it can catch the unwary out; put your card in BEFORE doing your walk around check! . Good luck.

Edit to add; just seen that the assessment was yesterday, how did it go?

It went bad…he forgot to put his card in. :laughing: