Job Dilemma

Would you take a full time job mon-fri nights (6-4am), easy no stress work for £28k. Or stay on agency (at same place) but be told there will be no guarantee of full shifts, and the obvious downfalls of agency (hols sick pay etc), but earning £80 a week more takehome?

There isn’t an answer, it’s whatever suits your personnel circumstances

peirre:
There isn’t an answer, it’s whatever suits your personnel circumstances

+1

I make that, assuming you have 45 minutes break approx £11.60 an hour for a 46 hour week…happy to be put right if i’ve cocked up on me back of ■■■ packet working out.

Its not bad, but you wouldn’t want to be finding out that the 4am finish turned out to be 6/7am twice a week or they were calling you in at 1600 only to still be finishing at 4am…unless there’s some overtime at around £15 an hour+ to be added to that, calculated on a daily basis, none of this working 13/14 hour shifts only for the sods to send you home at midnight one night ■■■■■■■■ to even the hours up.

Would i take that, PAYE, and drop an agency?..i’d rip their bloody arm off.

Obviously you’ll check on the number of holiday days and whether they expect you to work the bank hols or give you time in lieu.

Swordsy:
Would you take a full time job mon-fri nights (6-4am), easy no stress work for £28k. Or stay on agency (at same place) but be told there will be no guarantee of full shifts, and the obvious downfalls of agency (hols sick pay etc), but earning £80 a week more takehome?

hell yes i would. paye @28k. easy money? no brainer.

qwakers:

Swordsy:

hell yes i would. paye @28k. easy money? no brainer.

+1

I think you know which option you want mate, by the way you have worded your question, and I would agree with you.
The full time option if it was me, but I hate ■■■■ agencies anyway, they have gone a long way to causing the ■■■■ up that this job is today imo.

I prefer the security of a permanent job rather than the hassle of agency. Never knowing about work, what type of truck, what job :unamused: I couldn’t live like that.

I like stability and routine and of course a guaranteed income :smiley:

Thanks for the replies, yes I think I will take it. Ive been doing the job anyway for 18mths agency and its a good number. Very rarely finish after 4.30. Easy trailer swaps. Paid breaks too :slight_smile: And Im actually sat here on a Friday night at home having got done for 1am!