Job at michelin stoke

What is the job like? Seen them being advertised recently for class 1.

Pay?
Hours?
Job role?

Thanks guys

They are brilliant…12 hrs a day…£800 a week take home, 3 months holiday pay at full rate, top spec motors with microwave, fridge and tv/dvd, all leather, fully automatic, 12 spot lights and frilly curtains, all meals paid for via a daily allowance, no weekend work, and a drivers mate if requested.

Why not phone them up and ask them?

joe royal:
They are brilliant…12 hrs a day…£800 a week take home, 3 months holiday pay at full rate, top spec motors with microwave, fridge and tv/dvd, all leather, fully automatic, 12 spot lights and frilly curtains, all meals paid for via a daily allowance, no weekend work, and a drivers mate if requested.

Because he wants a driver’s opinion, not management’s.

Why be a ■■■■ about it every time someone asks this question?

Ziltoid:

joe royal:

Why be a [zb] about it every time someone asks this question?

Tbf mate the specific questions he asks, (pay, hours, role) would be better answered by the firm, and if he asked by visiting the firm, he could collar one of the drivers while he was there for the other side’s opinion…that’s what I’ve done on one or two occasions anyway.

Pity that, as I was going to apply myself when I read that. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

robroy:

Ziltoid:

joe royal:

Why be a [zb] about it every time someone asks this question?

Tbf mate the specific questions he asks, (pay, hours, role) would be better answered by the firm, and if he asked by visiting the firm, he could collar one of the drivers while he was there for the other side’s opinion…that’s what I’ve done on one or two occasions anyway.

Pity that, as I was going to apply myself when I read that. [emoji38] [emoji38] :wink:

Pay, yes, but when it comes to the hours and ‘role’ you could well get a different (more realistic) answer from a driver. Not many offices will tell an applicant they’ll be planned for 15 hour days where possible, or you’ll spend most of your day sitting on a hard plastic chair in an RDC, for example.

Ok…fair point. :smiley:
On other hand I once asked one of Brit’s drivers on the ferry one night what it was like and he warned me off.
Rang them, and decided to try it, and it turned out to be one of best jobs I’ve had.
Turned out the guy was a bit of a knob there who had a grievance with them who then left right after I started.

So , you asked a drivers opinion and he said it was a ■■■■■ place to work but you went anyway?

Righto.

joe royal:
So , you asked a drivers opinion and he said it was a [zb] place to work but you went anyway?

Righto.

Fair enough though. Many drivers are in constant ‘moan’ mode, never know when they are onto a good thing and chat crap.

rob22888:

joe royal:
So , you asked a drivers opinion and he said it was a [zb] place to work but you went anyway?

Righto.

Fair enough though. Many drivers are in constant ‘moan’ mode, never know when they are onto a good thing and chat crap.

Isn’t that the truth.
Bad enough when you only have to spend a few minutes with them and that’s bloody depressing enough, imagine the plight of the poor sods who have to live with them.

joe royal:

Righto.

Yep, well done bud, sounds like you’ve grasped it that’s correct. :wink:

The whole point of that post was to point out it’s always better to make your OWN mind up about things rather than someone else do it for you.
Not just about jobs but ANY situation in life :bulb: …that’s what I’ve always drummed into my kids anyway, and they’re doing fine in life thanks partly because of it :sunglasses: .
Weigh up a situation, listen to opinions, but ultimately YOU decide, it’s YOUR call. :bulb:
In any opinions and advice given by people, hidden agendas, and ulterior motives etc are always there lurking…
For instance… His brother could have been wanting that job and he was trying to put me off it, or the real reason he had the hump with his firm…and I can relate to that one tbh.

Same as if somebody said to me …‘‘That Joe Royal guy is a right clever ■■■■ when he answers your posts’’ :wink: , I would just make my own mind up, and decision on that myself…(only joking. :smiley: )

Christ I should have been a life coach and charge for all this stuff. :smiley:
Here ends the first lecture. :laughing:

I’ve heard they have you going round and round and that it’s wheel tyreing work.

Sorry :laughing:

robroy:

joe royal:

Righto.

The whole point of that post was to point out it’s always better to make your OWN mind up about things rather than someone else do it for you.
Not just about jobs but ANY situation in life :bulb: …that’s what I’ve always drummed into my kids anyway, and they’re doing fine in life thanks partly because of it :sunglasses: .
Weigh up a situation, listen to opinions, but ultimately YOU decide, it’s YOUR call. :bulb:
In any opinions and advice given by people, hidden agendas, and ulterior motives etc are always there lurking…
For instance… His brother could have been wanting that job and he was trying to put me off it, or the real reason he had the hump with his firm…and I can relate to that one tbh.

Same as if somebody said to me …‘‘That Joe Royal guy is a right clever [zb] when he answers your posts’’ :wink: , I would just make my own mind up, and decision on that myself…(only joking. :smiley: )

The first - who are you kidding? :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth:

Socketset:

robroy:

joe royal:

Righto.

Same as if somebody said to me …‘‘That Joe Royal guy is a right clever [zb] when he answers your posts’’ :wink: , I would just make my own mind up, and decision on that myself…(only joking. :smiley: )

The first - who are you kidding? :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ah well, evidently at least 2 of you follow my every word. :smiley: …my fan base on here is growing. :sunglasses:

robroy:
Ah well, evidently at least 2 of you follow my every word. :smiley: …my fan base on here is growing. :sunglasses:

It’s 3 and a half people now, as one has an empty head so classes as a half!
But please Keep preaching/ teaching it’s quite intelligent and strangely humorous

3 wheeler:

robroy:

But please Keep preaching/ teaching it’s quite intelligent and strangely humorous

:laughing:
Only ‘‘quite’’ intelligent? :neutral_face:
I must be slipping. :smiley:

robroy:

3 wheeler:

robroy:

:laughing:
Only ‘‘quite’’ intelligent? :neutral_face:
I must be slipping. :smiley:

The foot note you have might have something to do with it…or the fact we drive or used to drive a bloody truck !
It’s a great life if you are slightly odd ,
And the real nutters among us now drive a motorhome for fun!

TruckerYaser:

Pay?
Hours?
Job role?

Thanks guys

Go into the Culina website and vacances
You will find the jobs advertised under Great Bear. Which Culina now own amongst other they are buying up.

Robertthegreat:

TruckerYaser:

Pay?
Hours?
Job role?

Thanks guys

Go into the Culina website and vacances
You will find the jobs advertised under Great Bear. Which Culina now own amongst other they are buying up.

5 on 3 off… £32,000 sounds decent?

joe royal:

Sod that. No shower or hot tub in the cab?

They can stick it.

Ken.