Job assessment

Had an interview and driving assessment today with a biscuit distributor.
I was so nervous going into it I felt sick but a soon as the interview was under way and I’d done the company test I felt fine and eager to get out on the road.

Luckily I know nearly all the roads local to the company so the route we took was very familiar.

One thing that did make me laugh though was the reversing. Having got back to the yard the assessor said " OK try and stick it on the bay next to that trailer" butterflies at full pelt I positioned the trailer and reversed it did one shunt and I was in, no fuss or excitement.

I thought to myself proudly “that extra reversing training I did was money well spent”
Then the assessor said “well done, now can you put the trailer back where we got it”

“Easy” I thought

About a million shunts later I still couldn’t get it back in straight. I managed to turn an easy reverse into something laurel and hardy could’ve made a better job of :smiley:

All in all though I was pleased how it went and I should here on Friday if I get the job.

Reversing is a bugger sometimes,its the old thing more room you have the more you need,as you had a trailer to gauge where your going its fine,get a bay with nowt for miles and it goes to pot lol,everyone gets the same just 1 of those things.
And good luck for the job.

Daytrunker:
Reversing is a bugger sometimes,its the old thing more room you have the more you need,as you had a trailer to gauge where your going its fine,get a bay with nowt for miles and it goes to pot lol,everyone gets the same just 1 of those things.
And good luck for the job.

Thanks Daytrunker :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think we have all been in your shoes mate, you can nail a tight reverse, yet totally ■■■■ up one with all the space in the world. :unamused:
I think it comes down to having reference points to work with, and like everything, it gets better with practice…

Best of luck for Friday mate, I’ve got my fingers crossed for you Dave! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing:

I think we have all been in your shoes mate, you can nail a tight reverse, yet totally ■■■■ up one with all the space in the world. :unamused:
I think it comes down to having reference points to work with, and like everything, it gets better with practice…

Best of luck for Friday mate, I’ve got my fingers crossed for you Dave! :smiley:

Thanks, I start 10th April 4on4off nights :smiley: :smiley: happy days.
Dave

Brilliant news! Well done! :sunglasses:

slowlane:
Brilliant news! Well done! :sunglasses:

Thank you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done on getting the job, sounds like a good start.

Reversing is worst when your being watched - an audience seems to cause major problems.

trevHCS:
Well done on getting the job, sounds like a good start.

Reversing is worst when your being watched - an audience seems to cause major problems.

Thanks :smiley: when I started the reverse I had the nobody watching me after about the tenth shunt I noticed to my left the three lorries waiting for me to finally get it in so they could pass! Felt a bit of a muppet but happy muppet nether the less :smiley: :smiley:
Dave