Job - Assessment

Hola amigos,

Just wanted to know what the assessment’s would consist of when attending an interview + assessment with a new company?

I have used the search forums but I can’t find an answer.

Cheers

I’ve only done 2 but both varied.

The first one consisted of everything from daily walk around checks to more or less a full day’s work (unpayed) for a tipper firm…I didn’t end up taking this job

The second one was a bit different… After a quick informal chat, I literally through my digi card in then went out with the TM for about 15 minutes, back the yard and that was that haha.

Take some lube and a stick to bite on.

Insurance companies now insist that assessment takes place , but only really big firms have trained dudes to do it .
Basically drive slowly , dont hit the kerbs , look in mirrors to show willing and job done .

boredwivdrivin:
Insurance companies now insist that assessment takes place , but only really big firms have trained dudes to do it .
Basically drive slowly , dont hit the kerbs , look in mirrors to show willing and job done .

Might be for biggies. Our place small and they just have a chat and hope for best that no one crashes!

We did have someone from office go out with new starters to show them ropes and I’ve always thought was a covert see how they are thing.

As I’m now the longest serving C driver, they mentioned me taking noobs out but seeing as I only got mine last year did make me chuckle but hey ho I don’t mind a new ■■■■■ for the day haha.

I really do wonder at times about our industry and bizarre ways

I work for a large Supermarket RDC, here’s what you have to do for us.

Assessment drive + walk round checks
Highway code and Tacho exam(multi choice)
Interview
Drug’s test

Then out with a Driver Mentor for up to 2 weeks(depending on experience/knowledge)

Hopes this helps

Thanks for al the info people, it appears that different companies do different things. It’s good to know though.