Jo Transport Bolton. Any info?

Hi

This is my first post so hello everyone.

Jo Transport in Bolton are advertising on indeed. They are offering £122 per shift for class 2 which seems rather good.

Has/does anyone worked for these and have info such as type of work, hours etc. And what they’re like to work for?

Thanks

Did some agency for them a couple of years ago. It was all multi drop pallet work for Pallet track. Runs legal, got a few old trucks but seems to keep on top of them service wise. The drivers and yard lads where good to work with. Give it a go. Years ago Jimmy O. who started the company had a rep. as a hard man to work for, but he is no longer there.

Thanks for that.

Do you remember what kind of hours you did?

Cheers

Here’s an idea - ring the co up and ask them about start/finish times , wages , holiday pay etc.

joe royal:
Here’s an idea - ring the co up and ask them about start/finish times , wages , holiday pay etc.

I did and said you wanna to know.You could ring 0161 201 1965,she said

srw1mpo:
Thanks for that.

Cheers

Seem to remember start about 7am finish between 5pm 7pm. This was a few years ago on day work, if they have general haulage work with nights out that could be a whole different ball game. Company used to have a bad rep to work for but I found them good to work for.

srw1mpo:
Jo Transport in Bolton are advertising on indeed. They are offering £122 per shift for class 2 which seems rather good.

Key word on all their adverts is ‘up to’.

£122 / 15 hours = £8.13ph.

If it was £122 for 9/10 hours, would they be on job sites all the time? Call me cynical though.

tommie1shunt:

srw1mpo:
Thanks for that.

Cheers

Seem to remember start about 7am finish between 5pm 7pm. This was a few years ago on day work, if they have general haulage work with nights out that could be a whole different ball game. Company used to have a bad rep to work for but I found them good to work for.

Thanks for that. Will give it some thought.

Immigrant:

joe royal:

I did and said you wanna to know.You could ring 0161 201 1965,she said

I like to get as much info as I can before I approach a firm, preferably from drivers.

That’s why I asked. And I couldn’t really ask them what they’re like work for. They’re could well say they’re the best firm in the world.

rob22888:

srw1mpo:

Key word on all their adverts is ‘up to’.

£122 / 15 hours = £8.13ph.

If it was £122 for 9/10 hours, would they be on job sites all the time? Call me cynical though.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Why put a shift rate if hourly rate is good.

And I agree if they’re that good why the need to keep advertising.

Is it cynical if you’re right? :slight_smile: