JLR

Are the JLR factories still on shutdown

www.haveyoutriedgoogle.com

no, I was back in today after 2 weeks off :cry: . 1 week shut down was for brexit and the other for easter.

Edit: that’s for solihull anyway, no idea about anywhere else.

maga:
no, I was back in today after 2 weeks off :cry: . 1 week shut down was for brexit and the other for easter.

Nowt to do with Brexit, everything to do with their annual 1 week house-keeping shutdown. They merely shifted the time of it but it was still going to happen anyway.

Conor:

maga:

Nowt to do with Brexit, everything to do with their annual 1 week house-keeping shutdown. They merely shifted the time of it but it was still going to happen anyway.

nope, wrong. Thats why I owe them 38 hours.

Tier 1 and 2 suppliers in Europe had put plans in place due to the planned departure from the EU on March 29th and expected disruption at ports. This meant they were unable to supply us so we had to stop Production and they stood us down.

Maga: Just because you work for JLR what makes you think you know better then Conor? :laughing:

mrginge:
Maga: Just because you work for JLR what makes you think you know better then Conor? :laughing:

Yes Conor our Trucknet expert, we seek his advice when we have a problem. The god of truckers :laughing:

mrginge:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mrginge:

Exactly.

Thats why our contract with them had an additional weeks pause (on top of the standard shut downs) unless I imagined it all and then imagined JLR saying they were closing to ease any supply chain issues caused by Brexit, which didn’t happen as planned but was kicked further down the road too late in the day to cancel the shut down.

Still, we’re wrong. Even though it directly affected us we must be wrong.

toonsy:

mrginge:

Exactly.

Thats why our contract with them had an additional weeks pause (on top of the standard shut downs) unless I imagined it all and then imagined JLR saying they were closing to ease any supply chain issues caused by Brexit, which didn’t happen as planned but was kicked further down the road too late in the day to cancel the shut down.

Still, we’re wrong. Even though it directly affected us we must be wrong.

At least your big enough to admit it

Maga and toonsy need to back up these statements with links, this is how rumours start :wink:

mrginge:
Maga and toonsy need to back up these statements with links, this is how rumours start :wink:

There’s no point. I mean it was all over the news too but presumably that’ll be fake news :wink:

google.com/url?sa=i&source= … 0667319837